Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Ive finally give up!!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter beezo
  • Start date Start date
B

beezo

Guest
Hi guys,

Before I tell you what im going on about, I would like to say this first. I really appreciated all the effort that goes into making the images for our boxes, without you guys I would be lost and broke.

But, Ive finally admitted defeat when It comes to updating my image to the new vix 2.0!! After weeks of torment, Im just sticking to an image I know works, vix 1.3. I have tried countless times to install vix 2.0 but everytime I do, I always hit a hurdle, so I restart the whole process again, only to hit another hurdle. I dont know what It is but Im sure there are bugs in image. I know this is to be expected from such a radical change of image. I can put up with little niggles but not to the point were I cant get a picture!!

I'll try and list the problems ive had

First, When setting up my network and run network test, I always get failed on the local even though my network is fine. little niggle

secound, when adding a bouquet from the pluggin menu, my screen freezes and upon a reboot the bouquets are shown but are greyed out and I get the error, tuner failed. I cant even select the channels manually as its just like they have disapeared. I then have to retune my box all over again which takes 40mins each time. The fast scan option doesnt seem to have my provider. This part has really done my head in. Ive lost count at the aount of scans ive done

third, initialization of harddrive. again, this hard drive has worked fine for all the other images and ive not had one problem but with the vix 2.0 image, i just cant get it to intialize. ive tried everything. Im just done with it

now, like i said, i sound like a right moaning and ungreatful twat but its beaten me and I never let things get the better of me but this has. I even done it on a mates box, only to find the same thing so It cant be my box.

Anyway, im sticking to vix 1.3 which I think is great and have no issues what so ever. works exactly how i need it to work. one thing i would love though is just a parental control that locks access to the setup menu so theres no chance of my kids or mrs, messing about with something they shouldnt be. any chance this could happen???
 
firstly: ignore the network test that is a pli core error not vix

second: some boxes require a rescan some dont. i tend to use dbedit and reset the setting from there that usually brings them up with out rescan

third: why are you tring to initialise the hdd if it worked in vix 1.3 an already initialised hdd will recognise in any image. [to initialise a hdd you must do to vix menu, device manager and initialise and repartition from there only]



so its not yr box or the image its just plain and simple you :D
 
One thing i would like to add after having some problems myself with Vix 2.0..

when in the 1st set up.. after flashing your box.. Make sure you do NOT choose to use your back-up.. I found i had trouble with this..

when i flashed again.. and had choosen to input all settings manually.. everything worked alot better..

Hope this helps a little..
 
One thing i would like to add after having some problems myself with Vix 2.0..

when in the 1st set up.. after flashing your box.. Make sure you do NOT choose to use your back-up.. I found i had trouble with this..

when i flashed again.. and had choosen to input all settings manually.. everything worked alot better..

Hope this helps a little..


its in the release notes do not use backup as it will break the image install and not work
 
It dont sound like he is using a backup as he is downloading bouquets!
Firstly there is no reason then when you do download a bouquets file that it should crash.......This isnt happening to others so no bug there.....post a crash file then people can look at that to determine the problem.
You say your manually scanning sats, i'm assumimg you have loaded a Satellites.XML? & you say they are all appearing but are greyed out.....................If so you have not set your Tuners up properley!
You dont say if you have a fixed or motorised dish & type of lnb ie mono or dual etc?
I'm assuming that you have done all the online updates that have to be done before your box can really be deemed operational?
There is at the time of posting this a 53 page post http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?6227-VIX-Team-Vu-Duo-Image-v2.0-09-02-2011 that judging by your post about the network error bug you havent read?...............loads of valuable do's & don'ts in there.
 
One thing i would like to add after having some problems myself with Vix 2.0..

when in the 1st set up.. after flashing your box.. Make sure you do NOT choose to use your back-up.. I found i had trouble with this..

when i flashed again.. and had choosen to input all settings manually.. everything worked alot better..

Hope this helps a little..


I noticed the same. I had to delete any back-ups in my HDD to make a clean reflashing installation. Setting up everything again manually and VIX 2 works fine.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top