Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Just about to buy....

Comfysofa

Forum Supporter ,
Joined
Oct 14, 2010
Messages
396
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Hi - im looking at a second receiver for the bedroom and this one seems to be the kiddie. ive already got the Vu Duo and Duo2 with the vix image on both of them. Used to be a dreambox groupie but ive gotta say the vix boys brew a good image so ive kinda started following them...

Any way...some questions.

First and foremost I cant seem to find an internal view of the mainboard (want to see whats inside)

Usb: theres only one on the back and from what I can see theres no internal way of getting a HD inside. If I bought one of the micro usb sticks can the front one be used for picons, can the front door be closed if I did - wondered if anyone has done this. Or, can the picons go on internal flash along with the epg....or is that better stored on a usb stick. Reason I ask is that the rear usb will have a HD hanging off of that and im assuming theres not enough flash image space for an egp and picons and these two things are usually frowned upon being stored on a regular hd.

DVB T2 tuner: will anyone ever make one??

Cheers to anyone that chips in.
 
Picons will be fine on flash, EPG will be fine on your USB connected HDD.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
 
To answer one of your questions no the front door won't close with the USB stick in the front . I can fully recommend the Gigablue I've had mine for over a year and had no problems with it ( well apart from the ones I've created myself messing about with it :rolleyes: )
 
To answer one of your questions no the front door won't close with the USB stick in the front . I can fully recommend the Gigablue I've had mine for over a year and had no problems with it ( well apart from the ones I've created myself messing about with it :rolleyes: )

Just to confirm, you are talking about a mini usb stick like the OP is talking about, and not just a normal USB stick. Something like one of these (I assume that is what the OP meant anyway):

large_41708_1347899290.webp
 
Hi can't confirm about a mini usb as small as the one pictured I do have one that is not far off that size and can't get the front panel closed
 
Ah - right - would have been nice to have used the front one - shame they didn't put 2 on the back....does anyone have a pic of the internal view (or a link to one...)

Thanks for all the replies....looks like ill be ordering...
 
Picons will be fine on flash, EPG will be fine on your USB connected HDD.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

If you do install picons and epg stuff to the hd doesn't it keep the disc running 24/7?
 
If you do install picons and epg stuff to the hd doesn't it keep the disc running 24/7?

Picons would, that's why I'd advise storing them on internal flash. EPG won't so is fine on HDD, external or internal.
 
Ah - next question - I was assuming its external only - can a 2.5 go internally?
 
Everyone seems to like them - I was just interested as it seemed a very open ended rebuttal. I must confess ive just ordered one from the sponsors - (a UE model) - are they external hd only??
 
Everyone seems to like them - I was just interested as it seemed a very open ended rebuttal. I must confess ive just ordered one from the sponsors - (a UE model) - are they external hd only??


sponsor told me not to bother to order a UE+, says alot doenst it.
so i bought a venton instead.
 
Ok- you didn't say that first though. Youd be the first to say that - im gonna take a chance and see what happens. Ill post back on this thread when I get it and set it up.
 
I have a buddy of mines 800UE+ here at the moment for testing purposes..

Its not the fastest box in the world.. But if you want fast.. Buy a Quad or a Solo2..

But one thing that it is.. Its totally rock solid.. Has had no issues what so ever.. All working as you would expect it to..
 
Not too worried about the speed. I liked the colour screen on the front. The only trade off I can see is the one usb port. House is networked in every room every where so itll be running on hardwire. It would have been nice to have an internal hard drive (this is the first receive that ive bought that doesn't). As I say its a trade off as everything else for the price looks to be pretty good.
 
My 1st impressions are pretty good.. Im used to the Quad which is alot faster.. But all in all.. It does exactly what it says on the tin..

Rock solid.. No issues at all..

I dont think you will be disapointed when you get it.. Just bare in mind.. Its not the fasted.. and all will be fine..
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top