Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] Keeping the kid out of settings

  • Thread starter Thread starter Minx
  • Start date Start date
M

Minx

Guest
Really sorry if posted in the wrong place I have tried to use parental control to stop the kids from changing my box settings but so far all I have managed to do is lock myself out of parental control with a password and lock the adult channels is there a step by step guide on how to lock settings or can it not be done.
I have searched and read through the Vix guides but am I looking in the wrong place thanks.
 
There's currently no way to set ViX lock down settings, all users with access to the remote or WebIF can change settings.
 
You could take a backup (set up auto ones?) and restore it if things get changed...
 
As judge says there is currently no way to lock down the settings pages on ViX and we would be very hesitant to invest in such a feature that could be abused by unscrupulous sellers and those offering illegal services.

as birdman suggests make a full image backup that can be restored in case of emergencies and keep it safe.


Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
 
Even more: Enigma has been build without any thought about security. And security is virtually impossible to embed later (at least in a reliable way).
 
Could set up option not be hid/unhid with a telnet command?
 
I use the plugin 'menusort' to hide all kinds of menu entries I never use. You'll have to find it yourself, as the author doesn't allow us to distribute it.
 
:thumbsup: thanks for your reply will tech the mrs to do a restore when I am away :confused:
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top