Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Kodi getting terrible

My advice would be to get a cheap kodi dedicated box. Even a raspberry pi 2 is excellent at playing and streaming content for about £50 all in and it will use your TV remote if your TV supports HDMI CEC. It plays true 23.976 and 60 hz @ 1080p with no issues. Once you try it you will see the benefit and you can stream to other TV's in your house from an enigma box if need to.
 
My advice would be to get a cheap kodi dedicated box. Even a raspberry pi 2 is excellent at playing and streaming content for about £50 all in and it will use your TV remote if your TV supports HDMI CEC. It plays true 23.976 and 60 hz @ 1080p with no issues. Once you try it you will see the benefit and you can stream to other TV's in your house from an enigma box if need to.

if you don't want another remote get free Yatse app on your tablet or phone. Works brilliantly with rasp Pi. Pi is an excellent solution. Cheap and easy to setup and very small so can be hidden away. i have mine velcroed to back of tv

regards
 
I have two raspberry pi 2's which I stream content from the internet, my network PC and from my Duo2 they are good bits of kit and the kodi software is amazing. I also have a Nvidia Shield Pro and this is a beast of a box and plays 4k content @ 60HZ with no problem. If money is no object I would get a Nvidia shield even though it currently it cant play 23.976 natively (it still plays ok) this function is on the development path to be within a few weeks as part of a major upgrade.
 
As a complete novice wanting access to cinema films, older films, IPTV and box sets etc.. Which is the easiest to setup and work? would be nice if I could also plug in my External 2TB HDD and run the various MKV, MP4, Avi etc films that are on that... Would that be possible?
 
The raspberry pi 2 has 4 USB so you can plug in external USB drives. I think you will have to be careful if hard drive is powered off the USB and they recommend a powered drive or a USB hub for power to the hard drive or have a higher power power adaptor. I plug in 64GB USB drives and have no issues but mostly stream from PC & VU DUO2 over wireless network @ 1080p. Even better if you can get network hard wired. The Nvidia Shield also can play stream content from local or remote drives. They both play most if not all of the various formats I cant think any that have failed to work for me.
 
I think you will have to be careful if hard drive is powered off the USB and they recommend a powered drive or a USB hub for power to the hard drive or have a higher power power adaptor.
This is the main reason I upgraded my Pi as the newer version can power a USB hard disk, assuming you have a 2amp power supply, you can check
Code:
http://www.htpcguides.com/power-2-5-hard-drive-with-raspberry-pi-b/
for details on how to enable the extra power to the USB ports. While the pi is really good, I probably wouldn't recommend it for a novice, unless you like messing around with things if you want it to just work, one of the media players WOS sell would probably be better.
 
Good point most of the kodi boxes need a certain amount of setting up and maintenance but i think that is a choice once it is setup you can leave it or enhance it with goodies to suit your exact requirements. The raspberry pi is very well supported so information or custom builds are easily sourced and installed. My nvidia shield just works and seems to be the best box around a little pricey but when you consider the features and low power use its quite an amazing box.streaming content even up scaled from 1080p to UHD to a 4k TV is amazing quality. I believe it to be one of the only boxes to play 2160p content @ 60hz locally or over network this is quality.
 
I have downloaded and tried to FTP and over write the kodi installed. Just getting black screen of death. Why can you no longer update online is it for website hits?


I used to be a huge huge fan of xbmc and then Kodi but feel I am being forced back into the arms of TS Media for online content. I see Kodi all over on Amazon Fire sticks and android.



I am not a developer(I wish I was so I could help) is it really really difficult to have a sturdy fast service for enigma 2 that updates easy enough? Are these 2 the only option for online content?

There is no KODI plugin for the Vu+ ultimo, there are only three maybe four Vu+ receivers that have the hardware required to run a real albeit a modified inhouse version of XBMC those being the solo2, duo2, solo SE off the top of my head. The KODI plugin you are referencing to in this thread is nothing more than a emulator to run patched XBMC / KODI addons. It's also rather amusing that you reference TSmedia as being a better alternative as one of the main developers of that garbage is also a leading developer of the kodidirect plugin.

As for the Amazon Fire TV boxes / sticks they are at this moment in time one of the fastest most stable hardware platforms for the real XBMC / KODI plugins. And for the naysayers in this thread poo pooing the fire TV platform for not having 24fps support, look again fire os5 has added partial 24p ,25p and 30p video support.
 
Yes correct...are they not the same thing?

No no there not the same thing, nor are they even close to being so. Kodidirect is a emulator created largely by the same team that brought you the garbage that is TSmedia, it runs patched XBMC / KODI plugins, nothing more.
 
Guys, when you want to try Kodi-direct, have issues with it, need a how-to, want to ask for new add-ons or report bugs, please refer to
Code:
http://www.xtrend-alliance.com/index.php/forum/93-plugin-kodi-direct/
as that's where the author (PDC) lives. He's very helpful.
 
I have just purchased an Amazon Fire Stick and side loaded (using an app that makes it simple to do) Kodi as well as Showbox and Cinema HD - all work brilliantly. Add that to what it comes loaded with along with it's portability makes it a great piece of kit and the best £30 I've spent in a long time.
 
I have just purchased an Amazon Fire Stick and side loaded (using an app that makes it simple to do) Kodi as well as Showbox and Cinema HD - all work brilliantly. Add that to what it comes loaded with along with it's portability makes it a great piece of kit and the best £30 I've spent in a long time.

I could not agree more, I have two fire TV boxes, one fire TV stick and two wetek play boxes. I can honestly say hand on heart and without any ulterior motive of being a seller that I use my fire TV devices daily as opposed to the wetek only getting powered up to play with once every few weeks. In fact one of the wetek boxes has never been powered on, it was removed from the box and put strait back into it, that's how little I think of those things.
 
I could not agree more, I have two fire TV boxes, one fire TV stick and two wetek play boxes. I can honestly say hand on heart and without any ulterior motive of being a seller that I use my fire TV devices daily as opposed to the wetek only getting powered up to play with once every few weeks. In fact one of the wetek boxes has never been powered on, it was removed from the box and put strait back into it, that's how little I think of those things.

Hi Larry,
Bit surprised at your comments regarding Wetek boxes.
I've got a Wetek Openelec box with DVB-S2 tuner for 99 euros and it runs Kodi beautifully with brilliant HD quality.
Must admit I have not been able to suss out the satellite side yet and the remote is pants, but its very quick and stable running Kodi via openelec.
 
Hi Mr.Mister - Thanks for letting me know I was just about to spend all day trying to put Kodi on my Vu Duo -- lol.. ill stick to the FireStick.. I was planning to sell the firestick once I had it on my STB lol.
 
hi
I have much given up using kodi on my solo 2 i have android m6 and m8 stb and recently purchased the fire stick whick is running kodi 15.2 base with "the beas"t image
As much as i love the look of The Beast it has all the toys you could wish for and great setup my only problem alot of content but lacks quality example you can spend alot
of time searching for a working link i would rather the author of The Beast would make sure the links are stable than having loads that can be down for whatever reason
its fun to play with at first opening up all the various links but soon when you get kicked off from failed link or even the image locks up of late you soon get cheesed off.
My two android boxes maybe slow to start at first as you normally have to do update before running but at least when they run you get what you wanna see.
I would love to hear the views of any other people using the beast on a firestick for there experience of the image
 
I have had a few issues with 15.2 Kodi with failed links it just seems to be on certain sources that it happens . I have never used The Beast so I can't comment on that but when I was using 15.1 I never had a issue with working sources. I use TVADDONS with the Firestick and have really been impressed.
 
Although obviously not as cheap, the Wetek is surprisingly fast running Enigma2 and flips between enigma and full Kodi 15.2 without issues.
Still have to see if I can setup my video library with the Kodi 15.2 ipk plugin but looks promising.

Also means that it fits in with all my other Vix receivers plus hopefully with the Kodi benefit ... In which case a great add on.:)
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top