Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Kodi not displaying full screen

aido

New member
Joined
Mar 5, 2014
Messages
290
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I've just been setting up the F1 that arrived yesterday and so far it's looking a very nice piece of kit and a bit of a bargain.

I've done a fresh USB install with OpenVix 5.0.32 (non transcoding support version) and installed Kodi from the feeds which is currently 17.4.

Basically the Kodi image is displayed as a 1280x720 (guessing there but looks about right) square at the bottom left corner of the screen and there's a big black border to the top and right of the GUI.

I've tried with the default skin and Blue HD and it's the same with both.

Settings wise it does the same with the box set to 1080i or 1080p multi.

If I drop the resolution of the F1 to 720p multi Kodi fills the screen as expected.

The first time Kodi launched I noticed it was set to 1280x720 in the Kodi system settings but upping this to 1920x1080 made no difference.

I'm new to Kodi on E2 boxes so not sure if this is a bug or if there is a workaround.

I'll try again with the transcoding version of the image to see if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance :)
 
Its a bug with a few boxes. My Mut@nt HD2400 suffers from this also. So you are not alone.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thanks Andy, I've just realised the TC image doesn't support Kodi after installing it.

Total memory in the box shows as 321900 which is about 314MB so guessing that's a potential kernel or driver issue?
 
It is not just Vix it seems to be the same on all the E2 images, I did read an explanation somewhere which explained why it is like this, can't find it now though
 
It’s the OpenGL drivers, they init at 720p, once a playback commenced it goes to full screen. No work around.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top