Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Latest Openvix upgrade causing USB hdd to error?

CABJ

New member
Joined
Sep 12, 2013
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi,

I just wanted to alert the guys doing the upgrades that I may have found a bug in the latest upgrade dated April 19th 5 0 013

I usually upgrade from within the VIX menu and up to now has worked flawlessly.

A couple of days ago I upgraded in the normal manner and everything seemed to be fine but when I tried to access the connected 1TB portable HDD, it couldnt find it. A message came up stating that the disk may be full or needed formatting. I unplugged the drive and connected it directly to my PC. Long story short, I didnt realise that ext4 format doesnt show in windows and thinking the upgrade must have interfered with the HDD I formatted the drive losing everything.

I later downloaded an older upgrade (April 9th) 5 0 011 flashed the box and everything worked fine including the HDD even though by now it was empty :(

Today I again did an upgrade via the VIX menu and again it doesnt recognise the HDD, it does however see USB sticks for some reason.

It looks like the latest upgrade is affecting USB power or something like that. I have no clue really but wanted to share just in case it is an actual issue.

Thanks

Jay
 
USB drives should have their own power supplies, not be powered via usb.
 
This is a standalone pocket drive. I have had no problems with it until the 5 0 013 upgrade. Flashed it back to 5 0 011 and its fine.
 
Awesome!! Many thanks for letting me know.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top