Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[Zgemma H7] Long press [AUDIO] button

  • Thread starter Thread starter BrokenUnusableAccount
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also what am I supposed to do when other people are making commits to the main branch while I am working on my branch?
 
Also what am I supposed to do when other people are making commits to the main branch while I am working on my branch?
Just because someone makes a commit doesn't mean you have to pull it into your branch (unless it directly interferes with the code you are working on, and then you rebase not pull).

It is ok having multiple commits if they relate to the same project, but obviously not revert commits. PRs should be clean. If you have had to revert something you should start again clean and only include changes.

I've asked about PRs with multiple commits in them before and been told it was no problem.
Only when the multiple commits break down one project into smaller units.
 
Just because someone makes a commit doesn't mean you have to pull it into your branch (unless it directly interferes with the code you are working on, and then you rebase not pull).

It is ok having multiple commits if they relate to the same project, but obviously not revert commits. PRs should be clean. If you have had to revert something you should start again clean and only include changes.

Only when the multiple commits break down one project into smaller units.

A certain other developer you sometimes deals with my pull requests seems to have no problem converting my pull requests into a single commit. Pity you don't seem to know how to do it.
 
A certain other developer you sometimes deals with my pull requests seems to have no problem converting my pull requests into a single commit. Pity you don't seem to know how to do it.
Who? Are you talking about a coder that may have to decipher the code at a later date, or just someone pressing the accept button that doesn't have to deal with the consequences?
 
Who? Are you talking about a coder that may have to decipher the code at a later date, or just someone pressing the accept button that doesn't have to deal with the consequences?

He's pretty active on here, though less so recently I think. I like to think it might be because you are so dismissive of him lately, but I don't know, could be any number of reasons.

I don't want you to definitely know who I mean, because I don't want to risk starting a fight between the two of you.

He says he has no problem turning my messy PRs into a single commit before merging into the OpenVix related repositories, but maybe he's just being nice to me.
 
Are you really telling me off because I am not following the example of someone who is doing it wrong?

Who am I dismissive of? Come on, let's get it out in the open. Otherwise what was the point mentioning it in the first place?
 
He's not doing it wrong.
He's just doing what I think you're asking me to do in the future for me when I haven't done it myself.
 
He's not doing it wrong.
He's just doing what I think you're asking me to do in the future for me when I haven't done it myself.

Pointless discussion if you are not going to say who you are talking about.

A pull request should be ready to use. It shouldn't need editing.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top