Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Long time user struggling with the obvious

lnoton

New member
Joined
Dec 5, 2017
Messages
117
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
46
Hey all.

Decided to flash my box to the latest build and struggling.

I’m on 5.3 something so thought I’d see what’s new.

Tried a few USB sticks all formatted to fat32. Copied the files across preserving the structure from the unzip, with the gigablue folder at the top on the usb.

Every time I try the box sees the image on power up, I hit the power button and it starts and then quickly fails and gives a red bar.

Any guidance appreciated.

I tried by image manager, but don’t see any builds under openvix, but I do under openatv etc. is there a new url? Looks to display builds when I go to it via web browser…
 
Maybe you have an image before url changed?

Option 1.
Download Vix image, no need to unzip, transfer it by FTP to /media/hdd/imagebackups
You will then be able to flash it using Image Manager

Option 2
Make a settings backup in ViX
Flash ATV. Once you are on ATV, you can flash ViX using Flash online
When Vix reboots, you can restore the settings you made
 
Hey all.

Decided to flash my box to the latest build and struggling.

I’m on 5.3 something so thought I’d see what’s new.

Tried a few USB sticks all formatted to fat32. Copied the files across preserving the structure from the unzip, with the gigablue folder at the top on the usb.

Every time I try the box sees the image on power up, I hit the power button and it starts and then quickly fails and gives a red bar.

Any guidance appreciated.

I tried by image manager, but don’t see any builds under openvix, but I do under openatv etc. is there a new url? Looks to display builds when I go to it via web browser…

Just a couple of url‘s 1) a flash reminder and 2) how to install the new boot recovery system (which is much improved) .. which may help you also.

https://www.openvix.co.uk/openvix-b... Guides/How to flash a Gigablue UHD UE 4K.pdf

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/...cue-loader-to-version-200&p=539882#post539882
 
Thanks. I’ve followed the guide already, so presume my usb sticks just arnt compatible.

Is there any question on whether my 6 year old box is simply not able to support newer firmware?

I have a HDD and optional dbt tuner installed.

I’ll have a go at the ftp route to copy it across and launch it later today.
 
Thanks. I’ve followed the guide already, so presume my usb sticks just arnt compatible.

Is there any question on whether my 6 year old box is simply not able to support newer firmware?

I have a HDD and optional dbt tuner installed.

I’ll have a go at the ftp route to copy it across and launch it later today.

If you look at my signature - you will see that I have a gbuhd4k (my main lounge box) and it was first customer ship from the German supplier (so one of the 1st boxes) and still going strong - and as one of the developers on latest openvix image
 
Thanks. I’ve followed the guide already, so presume my usb sticks just arnt compatible.

Is there any question on whether my 6 year old box is simply not able to support newer firmware?

I have a HDD and optional dbt tuner installed.

I’ll have a go at the ftp route to copy it across and launch it later today.

Another GigaBlue user here - in my case, a 10 year-old Quad Plus. It's a lot slower to boot (100 seconds plus) than my AX61HD and Mutant 51 boxes (about 30-40 seconds), but it is my workhorse lounge box running 2xDVB-T and 2xDVB-S tuners and records about 2 or 3 hours of programmes each day very reliably on the original 1TB HDD.

As regards USB sticks; I have used a Sandisk Cruzer Blade 4GB for years. Recently, I needed to replace it and bought a three-pack set of 32GB Sandisk Cruzer Blades (in pink/blue/green) from a well-known internet storefront for about £15 (<€20). Straight out of the pack they are formatted to FAT32. Work perfectly to flash my GB Quad+ from USB.
 
Last edited:
Thanks all.

I’ve not managed to get a usb to work. It would show the firmware, hit the button and the bar would turn red. Tried the ones I’ve had lying around. I’m guess that is a sign of a bad usb?

But!

Thanks to the above I’ve ftp the latest firmware and the new recovery system over.

I’ve not explored the recovery option too much, but see it load and looked in browser. I guess I can also use that now to install firmware remotely if needs be.

Anyway with the firmware 6.x pushed over to the machine I’ve installed the firmware in slot 2 via image manager and got it all up and running.

All appears to be good.

Thanks all.
 
Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top