Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Ultimo] Lost DVB T2-channels

My terrestial provider confirms now that the footprint area of my nearest sender has been limited from 2nd June 2014 and T2-channels may not be received with the normal antenna and amplifier. I can't help mentioning that this provider is Digita in Finland. What a primitive service!
I am still asking of your location. I know Digita has stopped transmissions with local sub-transmitters in Helsinki,Tampere and Oulu. So where is your footprint lowered?
 
As a Finn, I can tell this Scandinavia (Europe DVB-T/T2) is not proper setting for tuners in Finland. Frequencies and bandwidths are wrong. So just use Europe, Middle East,Africa:DVB-T Frequencies or Iceland (Europe DVB-T/T2)
 
Last edited:
I am still asking of your location. I know Digita has stopped transmissions with local sub-transmitters in Helsinki,Tampere and Oulu. So where is your footprint lowered?

My nearest sender in Finland has been limited and according to Digita the other surrounding senders give no better result. They don't admit directly that the T2-channel is totally down. I don't understand why this has been done but I understand that anything is possible in Finland. In Sweden the Nacka-sender in Stockholm has become stronger. No problem with T2-channels. And how would you solve the problem by insisting to know my location?
 
My nearest sender in Finland has been limited and according to Digita the other surrounding senders give no better result. They don't admit directly that the T2-channel is totally down. I don't understand why this has been done but I understand that anything is possible in Finland. In Sweden the Nacka-sender in Stockholm has become stronger. No problem with T2-channels. And how would you solve the problem by insisting to know my location?
I really do not understand what Nacka-sender in Stockholm has to do with this issue. Well, I can tell you my location in Finland: about two kilometers east from Helsinki-Vantaa airport. With UHF-aerial pointing Espoo transmitter T2 channel 35 (Digita) SNR and AGC are both 99% with SSH108 tuner. With VHF-aerial pointing to Oulunkyla Helsinki T2 channel 06 (DNA) SNR and AGC also 99% both. So it depends where you are located.
 
I know all my locations wherever I am and I know all the sender parameters near by. I have been in direct contact with the local providers and I can compare the services in some countries. The acts of the Finnish provider Digita are really strange and confusing.
 
I know all my locations wherever I am and I know all the sender parameters near by. I have been in direct contact with the local providers and I can compare the services in some countries. The acts of the Finnish provider Digita are really strange and confusing.
So are you citizen of Finland paying YLE-tax to Findland or a Swedish person who just wants to enjoy wathcing football FTA as HD from YLE Finland? That is more or less a copywright question.
 
I am a citizen in two countries, not living in Finland, but I'm compelled to pay YLE-tax for my income in Finland although I have have no opportunity to get anything for that payment when outside Finland. But I can get the Swedish SVT-channels in Finland. I could give a throughout report of this including the copyright situation but it is outside of topic in this forum. And, I'm not interested in football. Will this satisfy your curiosity?
 
Gents, let's leave the political/tax/personal issues aside. Let's remain on the topic of dvb-t.

Thank you in advance.
 
Finally, I solved the problem. Since the sender power for T2-channels has been weakened, the antenna adjustment has to be done much more carefully to catch them. Now I found the footprint again by turning the antenna direction a few degrees. Also my terrestial providers has given more detailed information about what has been made with the senders. Now it works again!
 
Gents, let's leave the political/tax/personal issues aside. Let's remain on the topic of dvb-t.

Thank you in advance.
It`s not from my point of view political/tax or personal issue. But I understand if Swedish providers have asked Digita to limit their footprint during FIFA World Cup not to be very strong in Swedish side of boarder because of copyright issues. In Finland broadcast is 1080i T2 FTA.
 
Interesting information. Soviet Union tried to press YLE to limit the spill over signal to Estonia. They even planned to construct a net of metal in the Gulf of Finland to stop the signal. Today, a valid agreement regulates the distribution of the spill over signals.
Anyway, for me this is not the case. When staying in Finland i expect to get the due service from the terrestial provider. I don't need to feel any bad conscience because I pay for it.
The fact is, that the T2-signal of my nearest subsender was strongly decreased. The reason is said to be a change in the operator's license in the network. It is not known to me what this means. I directed my antenna to the main sender, much farther away and only a few degrees beside the subsender from my place. T2-signal there has the same frequency. All the signals have now full strenth and all the channels are spotted without any problems. This was, of course, very confusing before I realized it. I regret if any peace of mind has been stirred by my speculating with any possible firmware or software problems.
So, all is well now and the case is closed.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top