Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[GiGaBlue QUAD+ PLUS] Lots of hangs and crashes

divil_a_bit

New member
Joined
Jan 28, 2014
Messages
176
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I have 2 GB Quad+ receivers. I was using Hades 018 on both until recently - both receivers were bullet proof, no crashes or hangs.

I've upgraded to 5.0.11 - clean install (no restore). Receiver A has a 1TB HD, receiver B has an 8GB usb stick for picons + timeshift buffer.
Receiver A has never crashed and is 100% reliable.
Receiver B has suffered from boot loop issues and random hangs.
I hope this has fixed the boot loop - I suspect it has.
However, it hasn't fixed the hangs.
I've noticed hangs when loading the EPG. I've also noticed hangs when using timeshift. Each time the box hangs, I get the on-screen spinner and I have to power cycle the receiver to recover.

I don't have logs for the hangs.

Any ideas or suggestions I could try? Could it be related to the USB stick?
 
Is 8GB big enough for the timeshift buffer? - it could be a bit tight if you don't go into standby very often to empty it out.
 
I would personally test with a bigger capacity usb flash drive.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Hi
Same box. Timeshift disabled. Many crashes to constant spinner - no log created - only way out is switch off/on. Every crash has been when recordings started or trying to start. I have 4 sat tuners and no clashes shown when setting timers. Seems anything more than 2 simultaneous recordings starting causes crash.
I have no plugins and using default settings from clean reflash to 013 (same happened on other 5.0.xxx versions)
 
... sounds like a completely different problem.
 
I used Hades 018 with the 8GB USB stick for well over a year and never had any issues.

I've sent the refresh rate to 50Hz
 
Hi
Same box. Timeshift disabled. Many crashes to constant spinner - no log created - only way out is switch off/on. Every crash has been when recordings started or trying to start. I have 4 sat tuners and no clashes shown when setting timers. Seems anything more than 2 simultaneous recordings starting causes crash.
I have no plugins and using default settings from clean reflash to 013 (same happened on other 5.0.xxx versions)

What softcam are you using?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
No SoftCam - don't even know what it (they?) are. Just using FreeSat.

Okie. What is your setup? Tuner configs? Where are you storing your EPG data etc? You are probably best creating your own post/thread?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top