Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Magic-(E)HD (Lite) skins

Hi guys
Is this skin no longer available in the feeds i cant see it there so could someone post it for me please
 
Some times an item does not appear in the feed if you have already downloaded it, have you checked in the skins settings|?
 
I am using the latest vix on my vuduo when i push the blue button and go into vix/manage extensions then pick skins i can not see any versions of magic there.
This is a fresh install so it should be there but cant see it
 
No you need to download it its not installed by default only the normal Magic one is.
Menu>Plugins>download>Skins
 
Thanks that was my problem i was doing via the vix panel and it was not there
 
Rob, I do really love your Skins, I'm expecially fond of the Magic-ViX Vs 1.18 that is downloadable from the plugin menu.
I use that because is so elegant and is so easy to read at any distance and on any tv size.

Anyway, I noticed that it's causing some crashing issue as mentioned in this post by me:[VUDUO] Crash starting softcam

this is the essential crash log relative to skin errors:
1st Crash

Code:
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/skin.py", line 237, in loadPixmap
skin.SkinError: {Magic/skin.xml}: pixmap file /usr/share/enigma2/ViX_Day_HD/busy/busy1.png not found!. Please contact the skin's author!
(PyObject_CallObject(<Tools.BoundFunction.boundFun ction instance at 0x19bca80>,(0,)) failed)

2nd Crash

Code:
[Skin] Error: {Magic/skin.xml}: pixmap file /usr/share/enigma2/Magic/logos/pli.png not found!. Please contact the skin's author!
action -> OkCancelActions ok
okbuttonClick
ParentalControlSetup ParentalControlSetup
[Skin] Error: {Magic/skin.xml}: pixmap file /usr/share/enigma2/Magic/logos/pli.png not found!. Please contact the skin's author!
action -> OkCancelActions ok
okbuttonClick
InputDeviceSetup InputDeviceSelection
LanguageSelection LanguageSelection
Recordings_Timershift RecordingSettings
SkinSelector SkinSelector
Recordings_Timershift TimeshiftSettings
[Skin] Error: {Magic/skin.xml}: pixmap file /usr/share/enigma2/Magic/logos/pli.png not found!. Please contact the skin's author!
action -> OkCancelActions ok
okbuttonClick
LogManager LogManager
[Skin] Error: {Magic/skin.xml}: pixmap file /usr/share/enigma2/Magic/logos/pli.png not found!. Please contact the skin's author!
action -> OkCancelActions ok

If you could tune it to avoid this issues it would be great.
Thx in advance
 
btw, do you think that by editing the magic skin.xml and replacing the offending string:
pli.png

with vix.png would be enough?
 
Rob, I do really love your Skins, I'm especially fond of the Magic-ViX Vs 1.18 that is downloadable from the plugin menu.
I use that because is so elegant and is so easy to read at any distance and on any tv size.

Anyway, I noticed that it's causing some crashing issue as mentioned in this post by me:[VUDUO] Crash starting softcam

this is the essential crash log relative to skin errors:
.......
Thanks for reporting this, and sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please try the attached version (unzip and goes to /usr/share/enigma2/Magic, overwriting the existing file).
Please report back if this indeed solves your problems.
 

Attachments

Hi Rob
some new issue.

Code:
[Skin] SKIN ERROR in SecondInfoBar: No module named PliExtraInfo
[Skin] Error: {Magic/skin.xml}: pixmap file /usr/share/enigma2/Magic_2/window/chan_p_bar.png not found!. Please contact the skin's author!

Code:
[SKIN] Parsing embedded skin <embedded-in-'VIXMenu'>
[Skin] SKIN ERROR in screen '<embedded-in-'VIXMenu'>' widget 'widget': {Magic/skin.xml}: source 'status' was not found in screen '<embedded-in-'VIXMenu'>'!. Please contact the skin's author!
 
Ah, yes, of course: this version is 'too new' (it has been adapted to new developments that are not yet in build 204.
So indeed: changing the logo as you suggested should be done throughout the skin, but the other issue has to be addressed to as well.
So please have a short time patience: next release will be out soon (without being able to give you an exact date).

Sorry again :)
 
Hi there I have a VU+ DUO and I want to load more skins on it - can someone tell me how to do it and where I can get some good skins plse?
 
Hi there I have a VU+ DUO and I want to load more skins on it - can someone tell me how to do it and where I can get some good skins plse?

Skins are all a personal choice as to what looks good.
If using VIX, the default skin can't be beaten IMHO.
 
Hi there I have a VU+ DUO and I want to load more skins on it - can someone tell me how to do it and where I can get some good skins plse?
When in plugin browser push 'Green':
1- Under 'skins' you find more skins, that may or may not work under ViX;
2- Under 'ViX' you find more skins that are especially tailored for ViX.
 
Hello Rob, I love your 'Magic' skins but am experiencing a strange fault when I use them and was wondering if you could help. I have a vu+duo running the latest stable vix 2.4, however when I download and apply your 'Magic-HD-Night' skin my dtv usb (c) tuner fails. Whatever channel on this tuner I try gets a 'Tune Failed' message and 0 channels are found if I do a scan. To get the tuner working again I have to do a settings restore. I wouldn't normally be bothered but as I said I really do like the look of your skins and would like to use them, and of course thanks in advance for any help, cheers Ged.
 
I can't imagine that this has anything to do with a skin. Does it work with other skins than? Please try ViX-Night and see how it goes.
You'd best provide us a debuglog: than there is a chance we can see what's happening.
 
Last edited:
Hello Rob, I love your 'Magic' skins but am experiencing a strange fault when I use them and was wondering if you could help. I have a vu+duo running the latest stable vix 2.4, however when I download and apply your 'Magic-HD-Night' skin my dtv usb (c) tuner fails. Whatever channel on this tuner I try gets a 'Tune Failed' message and 0 channels are found if I do a scan. To get the tuner working again I have to do a settings restore. I wouldn't normally be bothered but as I said I really do like the look of your skins and would like to use them, and of course thanks in advance for any help, cheers Ged.

Are you doing an enigma restart after installing/enabling the skin?
If so, try a full reboot & let us know if it works then.
Like Rob says, I doubt very much this is a skin issue.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top