Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Magic-(E)HD skin

Alanp

Forum Supporter ,
Joined
Sep 1, 2010
Messages
793
Reaction score
3
Points
0
Hi a quick question about the Magic-(E)HD skin when I press the menu button I loose the edge of the skin as if the image is too big to be displayed, The loss is on every side about 25mm all round. I have adjusted the overscan in the VIX settings to 20 from the default 40 but this made no difference at all any help appreciated as I really like this skin Thanks
 
I find this too, as with the 'lite' version. I think the 'overscan' setting in the ViX menu only works for the skin which is on by default when you flash with a ViX image. I forget the name of it right now, but I never use it.
 
Tried this yesterday and its a good skin but after going back to vixHD my box kept freezing. Uninstalled it and box was ok
 
OK guys, two things:

1- The Magic-HD-ViX GS is solved by using an updated version of the Magic-HD-common folder. See the other post about that.

2- If you are missing the edge of a skin, your TV is set to "overscan", as most, if not all, modern TV's still are.
The skins Magic-HD(lite)(ViX) allow for an overscan of 5.5%; the skins Magic-EHD(lite) use the full screen.

If you really want to enjoy real-HD-TV (and not a 95% re-rendered picture), make sure your telly is not set to overscan. Search the (maintenance) menu or Google: very often all kinds of fancy names are used.

You can use the attached pictures to see how much picture your set looses. Make sure to use a skin that does not prevent the pictureplayer from going full screen (the magic-HD's are fine).
 

Attachments

  • Overscan-2.webp
    Overscan-2.webp
    58 KB · Views: 13
  • Overscan-1.webp
    Overscan-1.webp
    131 KB · Views: 10

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top