Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] Media player on OpenVix issues

  • Thread starter Thread starter sjaddy
  • Start date Start date
What do you mean the exact file....I've got about 200 films on my box.....avi....mp4.......Mkv......etc......

None fast forward correctly just at 2x.
This is not just happening with one file.
I would just like confirmation that another user with a duo who has some avi files on their box has the same issue or not.

As Andy says it may be a driver issue.....he didn't say that it was one conclusively.....but if others come on here and verify it...then it will become conclusive....

If you see my point.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
 
I would just like confirmation that another user with a duo who has some avi files on their box has the same issue or not.
Yes, happens on my duo & all other boxes with various downloaded media files, your Duo will never be a fully functioning media player.

As Andy says it may be a driver issue.....he didn't say that it was one conclusively.....but if others come on here and verify it...then it will become conclusive....

If you see my point.
Don't see your point, sorry.
 
Yes, happens on my duo & all other boxes with various downloaded media files, your Duo will never be a fully functioning media player.


Don't see your point, sorry.

You have just answered my point..I now know I'm not alone...thanks...that's all I was asking. I can live with the problem. I was just worried if it was may be only myself experiencing it, and if it was then obviously it would have been fixable.
Its the same in all walks of life ....the fear of not knowing.........

Anyway off my soapbox now....onwards and upwards Macduff!...:)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
 
Yes, happens on my duo & all other boxes with various downloaded media files, your Duo will never be a fully functioning media player.
judge, has it always been the case that mkv's (or other formats) have been hit and miss? I am relatively new to this and bought the duo because, among other things, I read it could handle such files. For several months I have been using mkv's with no issue but have noticed the exact problems reported here as of late.

I enjoy the tweaks applied in most updates and am really impressed with the capabilities of the box but for me media playback should be second to ts files. This was the case, but now I have to be willing to view a movie in one sitting, as pause/rewind etc will freeze the box. This was not the case before.
 
As has been stated many times already:

1- A STB can only decode video in hardware, i.e. the codecs used for the file must be identical to the codecs that are supported in the hardware. Any deviation from the codecs (settings) will break playability, and or cause problems during playback.
In other words: a STB is not and will never be a full media player (as no codecs can be added).

2- A MKV is a container, not a format. The codecs used inside the file (might be anything) determine the playability. Especially movies 'found' on the internet tend to have all kinds of (incorrect) codec(settings).

In other words: indeed: playback of MKV's (and any other files) is indeed hit and miss. Best option is to recoded them on your PC (using Handbreak or any other program).
 
Thanks Ron van der Does,

Looks like my research was not as complete as I thought before deciding on the Duo. No regrets though, nice piece of kit and a great VIX image.

Must have been lucky with the files I have used over the last few months. As usual a solution is given. I will check out Handbreak now.

Cheers.
 
I have a Solo2 with Vix Image V 3.0 Build 649

AVI's dont fast forward faster than x2 i.e x4+ still FF at x2. Note the media files are mounted on a Network Share NAS - QNAP via CIFS.

I find that when serching to beyond about 5mins in of an AVI the box crashes - Frozen screen and the only recovery is a hard rebbot via the power rocker switch.

Is there a way to set a position to jump to eg 35mins in ?

Is there any build work to improve playback of Video files ? I was hoping that with such a powerfull processor on the Solo2 it would be better at playing media files.
 
AVI's dont fast forward faster than x2 i.e x4+ still FF at x2. Note the media files are mounted on a Network Share NAS - QNAP via CIFS.

Is there any build work to improve playback of Video files ? I was hoping that with such a powerfull processor on the Solo2 it would be better at playing media files.
Jumping and FF/FB is driver dependant. Be advised that AVI is a container: the actual support of files depends on the codec used, nt the fact that the container is AVI.
The speed of a processor is of no importance in this area.


I find that when serching to beyond about 5mins in of an AVI the box crashes - Frozen screen and the only recovery is a hard rebbot via the power rocker switch.
A crash and a 'frozen screen' are two different things. In case of a crash there is a crashlog (post that please) and Enigma restarts.

Is there a way to set a position to jump to eg 35mins in?
Why not use the seekbar function?
 
The solo 2 has taken every file I've thrown at it fine.
You could try changin the number jump times & see if it helps your ff issues.
Menu -> Setup -> System -> Recording Settings -> Custom skip time for ...
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top