I am a software dev (not here) so i understand the intracicies of the situation. I understand what you are saying.
What I am trying to press home, there used to be a screen "MediaPlayer" go look in a skin, it existed. It contained a file list and a playlist (and even some sort of image display for related artwork).
Now, if you are saying this has been removed due to reworking/dev reasons then that is perfectly fine.
The recording list was a seperate implementation for selecting files to play.
I think the problem you are having in understanding is that the recording list and the media player were simply file selectors to feed the actual player. The beauty of the, now gone, media player screen was thr playlist.
I'm not all that bothered about the loss, I can navigate with the recordings list function.
The issue is the moving target. As a software dev I am all too awarevif you put in functionality to something, someone will use it. Even if you think it is duplicated functionality, when you change or remove it, users get annoyed.
I understand ViX dev is voluntary, and very hard work. I appreciate it and, if i had the time, would love to contribute more.
Like I said. Not that bothered, but thought I was doing devs a favour catching a bug/bad build.
Now I'm in front of my older box, might just grab the missing files anyway.