Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[GiGaBlue QUAD] mediaportal crash downsreaming

  • Thread starter Thread starter maurobart121
  • Start date Start date
Try changing the media player. I had similar problems with streaming causing crashes (luckily enough I only need 5 seconds though :eek:) I changed the media player within tsmedia and that sorted it. When in tsmedia go to settings you'll find the option in there somewhere, sorry not at home so can't explain in better detail.
 
I flashed 4d, then flashed apollo 043. Freshly installed mediaportal and tsmedia. So far no crashes
 
Try changing the media player. ..... When in tsmedia go to settings you'll find the option in there

I have do this. but, if one file crash so it crash in both players. Only download and then play from Storage is OK, file must not complete downloaded to do that.
 
Hi,
what about a crashlog? Which box? Which Apollo version? In the latest version (around #47) there was a change concerning video resolution which caused some crashes on some boxes.

ciao
 
Hi Rob,

at this time i have test same file under VTI-Image. Here it play this Video without crash, but only black picture with sound.
A other Video (see attached log) that crash under VIX play in VTI-Image without problems. Picture and sound both ok.
 

Attachments

Is there a way to flash other/better/older drivers?
I have now installed and configured in VTI7.0 all plugins that i use in VIX and the videos running fine. Use VTI other drivers for the Duo2?
 
You can install older drivers, as long as they are for the same kernel. But I'm pretty sure older drivers are no better.

VTi uses the same drivers, and also the same old OE-environment that VU themselves uses. And that's probably why. If VU would update their OE, and hence their drivers, probably a lot of issues would be gone.
 
Hi Rob,

i have now installed the same driver files wich used VTI (vuplus-dvb-modules-vuduo2-3.13.5-20140925), no changes. The video from last crashlog begin play, after 2-3sec comes the Spinner and VIX-bootlogo and Videosound in background. 2-3seconds later VIX reboot.
 
But however, this can not be a driver error, or? For with the same drivers it would have VTI also come in to the error. But there all the videos play without a problem. :confused:
 
Yes. it is. As I said VU (and hence VTi) uses a rather old OE-environment, so their drivers are compiled within that environment.
So until they come out of the OE-middle-ages and update their drivers accordingly, there's nothing we can do.

Edit: VU has promised over two months ago to do that, but nothing yet...
 
Yes. it is. As I said VU (and hence VTi) uses a rather old OE-environment, ...

ThX,

yet i understand the problem. Now the Question. Is there a older VIX release wich use the same old OE-environment. (for example OpenVix 3.0-808?)
 
ThX,

yet i understand the problem. Now the Question. Is there a older VIX release wich use the same old OE-environment. (for example OpenVix 3.0-808?)

none that would also be able to run the same kernel and drivers as the newish images from BH and VTI.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top