Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

MetrixHD_MOD (Now includes a full 1080 HD version too)

MetrixHD_MOD

Easy way and i use windows 7 for example
Open picons folder on you pc, and in the top right corner under the red cross to close window is SEARCH bar.
Go to old channel on tv which no longer works i.e press UP in circle of duo remote , then press GREEN/SATELLITES, press on old channel no longer working, then go to service reference, there you see number, start typing that number in the search of the picons windows and it will appear.

Also for other's viewing thread, i never download the of picons via plugins.
Remove usb drive from rear of duo, plug in pc, download the 7zip file the ocrams github site and having teh picon folder, place the new latest picons in there.
Once done, put usb back into the duo and all will be working.
Channels change frequencies often and as like mentioned already by scwheeler, you have to wait for updates from github site, but if you want them asap there is nothign stopping you as how to is stated.
I do this way always as keeps my mind fresh on how to with the duo.
Best wishes

Thank you so much! Worked charm.! Some international picons are actually missing, like Star Life OK. (Service reference 1:0:1:D7AA:900:2:11A0000:0:0:0) it's an Indian channel. May be ocram needs to update it. It was never present.

The smiley is actually : D7aa 😩
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Your most welcome, don't forget to click thanks lol.
I installed the new releases and not all are uptodate i.e SKYSELECTHD.
I know the creator will be very busy as this is a long hard task as you know being soooo many picons.
I know the selecthd on 13e is working so i will search for that, make a copy on my pc and rename with the uk reference and place back in usb so both do not conflict.
I wouldn't mind knowing that if on github's site if there are picons for other sat's i.e 13, 19, 0.8w for example and if i could use picons from his other download options that cover them?
Thank you
 
If this has just been applied, it will appear in the next available software update
 
Hi all, I just installed this skin on my vu+ solo2 with vix image and I see it is not supporting hebrew fonts in epg. Is it true? Is there any way to fix that? Thanks

Here the problem is the lack of the necessary characters in the fonts used skin.
You need to replace the fonts setrixHD.ttf and OpenSans-Regular.ttf appropriate in shape in the catalog /usr/share/enigma2/MetrixHD/fonts/
You can take out the appropriate from Windows. Do not forget to set the correct permissions on the files (644) and restart enigma
 
The ECM info is now larger/realigned on next update. Still playing with fonts.
Decided tonight for fun to change the colours on background etc and now the ecm times are clear and easy to read.
I have been checking for software update which have been none so not missed one of them lol.
I have my skin set:-

Selection - Cyan
Progress bars- Cyan
Background - Steel
Background 2 - Cyan
Background text - Cyan
Accent 1 - White
Accent 2 - Light grey
 
Sowa, thank you for your answer. Is it possible from you side to provide me more information about this. I have the developer background but I am new in that area and do not familiar with all this files and configuration. Thanks.
 
Here the problem is the lack of the necessary characters in the fonts used skin.
You need to replace the fonts setrixHD.ttf and OpenSans-Regular.ttf appropriate in shape in the catalog /usr/share/enigma2/MetrixHD/fonts/
You can take out the appropriate from Windows. Do not forget to set the correct permissions on the files (644) and restart enigma

Sowa, thank you for your answer. Is it possible from you side to provide me more information about this. I have the developer background but I am new in that area and do not familiar with all this files and configuration. Thanks.
 
Regarding my problem with Hebrew font in EPG, in the setrixHD.ttf the font name is "Segoe UI Light 8". As I understand that, this specific font does not support Hebrew and If I replace this file (override it) with any other ttf with font that does support Hebrew this should solve my problem.

Am I right?

I do not want to get the skin in Hebrew but only EPG text.
What is a purpose of these two setrixHD.ttf and OpenScns-Regular.ttf font files?:confused:
 
Regarding my problem with Hebrew font in EPG, in the setrixHD.ttf the font name is "Segoe UI Light 8". As I understand that, this specific font does not support Hebrew and If I replace this file (override it) with any other ttf with font that does support Hebrew this should solve my problem.

Am I right?

I do not want to get the skin in Hebrew but only EPG text.
What is a purpose of these two setrixHD.ttf and OpenScns-Regular.ttf font files?:confused:

Yes it is.
I looked to see what fonts are used to display the EPG and recommended to replace them.
It is best to pre-switch to another skin, then replace the fonts in the specified path and return to strip off MetrixHD.
To connect the PC and the receiver I use the program DreamControlCenter_E2 v.1.5
Good luck.
 
Where is this skin in feeds. Must be going blind.lol. Ps I never Insatlled it so not already installed.

Thanks

Wiz
 
Re:movie playback screen

Did you manage to sort the info screen. I.e. when you press ok twice when watching a recording it pulls up a synopsis but not in the metrix format?
G
 
Re:movie playback screen

Did you manage to sort the info screen. I.e. when you press ok twice when watching a recording it pulls up a synopsis but not in the metrix format?
G

Hi G,

Just got home and updated vix and it is now there! Good timing :)
 
MetrixHD_MOD

2- constant write/read from the flash each time you change the channel can damage the internal flash.

I have not come across this before. Is that not what flash is for - constant access? For boxes that have enough flash - it does not slow the system? ( my understanding is that it's actually quicker as the HDD does not need to spin up or the USB does not need to be accessed)

We all want to avoid damage.





Tapatalker
 
Hi G,

Just got home and updated vix and it is now there! Good timing :)

Mine still isn't showing. I've resaved the skin file. Play, FFD, REW icons are there but synopsis is still in old format. Any ideas?
G
 
Mine still isn't showing. I've resaved the skin file. Play, FFD, REW icons are there but synopsis is still in old format. Any ideas?
G

I have skinned the synopsis for you, all so i have skinned the built in Auto Bouquets and fixed softcam manager to show all coloured buttons previously only red and blue worked

the archive below contains the file default.xml extract it and ftp to
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/MyMetrix/data
then open the mymetrix plugin and save the skin
 

Attachments

G - yes my mistake, I forgot that I had started to rework the whole lot and that erased the synopsis screen.

pr1som - thanks for that and if you don't mind I will add your Autobouquet and softcam screen to the skin.
 
I've strange issue but I don't know if it's skin related or an issue with Vix.

This afternoon the red update icon was flashing so I did the software update, 18 packages where updated.

The box (Solo 2) reboots and within a few seconds the red update icon is flashing again.
This time there are 2 packages are available to update, I select the option to see what files are updated and the screen is blank.

I perform the update and the box reboots again.
Within seconds the red update icon is flashing again and once again there are two packages to update.

I have gone through this four times now and still it keeps going around in circles.
No matter how many times I do it the red update icon continues to flash.

Any ideas?
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top