Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Ultimo4K] Missing HD channels after openvix 5.1.013

thecaretaker

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
4
Points
18
Location
Southern UK
Website
www.thecaretakers.co.uk
I did a manual scan tonight on 28.2E (Network NO, Clear before scan YES, Only FTA YES) and found a lot of missing HD channels. Many of the main ones BBC One HD, ITV HD etc. It did find 4HD and 5 HD. It is a tad windy, so tried 3 times in all.

Looked at the signal finder and when I moved forward/backwards, it missed the transponders with the missing HD channels on. I checked they were included in the satellite.xml file OK.

So, wondering if my previous backup (openvix 5.1.014) would work, I restored that image and the Ultimo4K again missed some of the HD channels. Sat finder also skipped the missing HD channel transponders.

Went back to openvix-vuultimo4k-release-5.1.013 and box found all the HD channels during the manual scan and signal finder found all the HD transponders.

To check if maybe I had a bad update previously, I proceeded to update from the working 5.1.013 to 5.1.016. Nope, the HD channels were not found in the manual scan and HD transponders got skipped on the signal finder.

So can only conclude this is an issue with either openvix after 5.1.013 or drivers of the VU Ultimo4k.

Can somebody take a look to see if this can be replicated and find out why this is happening?

If you need any further info, I'm happy to help.
 
Did it find the channels with Network = Yes? If so, then I would guess the transponders are changed from the satellites.xml, try using the old satellites.xml where the transponders were found and see if that fixes it on the new image.
 
No, they have not changed from the satellite.xml, I checked that on KingOfSat. On 5.1.013 the channels are found and remain in the bouquet when I do a scan. I always use the same satellite.xml, I only have the 28.2E channels. I always upload the last saved bouquet (minus the settings file) using dreamboxedit to over write the satellite.xml which has all satellites on.

It is definitely something wrong in version 5.1.014 and 5.1.016.

One that doesn't show up in a manual scan or signal finder is Astra 2E 10847.00 V DVB-S2 8PSK 23000 2/3 which has BBC1 HD and BBC 2 HD. Yet it is clearly in the satellite.xml. Shows up fine on 5.1.013, but not on subsequent updates.

Another that didn't show up was Astra 2G 11097.00 V DVB-S2 8PSK 23000 3/4 with ITV HD Meridian South. Again, fine in 5.1.013 but not on versions after that.

I'll upload my channel list/bouquet that I use.
 

Attachments

Last edited:
I have same problem in Uno 4K. All S2-transponders are missing, every satellite.

Only octagon SF4008 is fine. Zero4K and Uno4K images are broken.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Can you select the transponder with a "User defined transponder" scan like this?

s2.webp
 
Updated Vu+ drivers? They have had several updates recently including one 6 days ago (in 014) that was to fix a demux issue and 3 days ago in 017(which I guess maybe up shortly).
Worth trying 17 or later to see if there is a change( although that was a 4K HLG/HDR issue)
In the meantime, as it appears to be a Vu+ issue, perhaps Vu+ will try again :)
 
No, I don't believe that. Just flashed old Vu Zero with 5.1.016 and it's broken too. Drivers are 2017-11-07
Sorry but drivers in 016 are 2018/02/16

Can you post a copy of the „about“ page
 
Last edited:
Absolutely correct, one of those moments:) .... should be 2018/02/12
 
Hi
Miraclebox Premium mini plus here.
Updated to 5.1.016 tonight (before reading all the comments) many transponders missing on 3 satellites (19°, Hot Bird, Astra 28°), reverted back to 5.1.013
 
Hi
Miraclebox Premium mini plus here.
Updated to 5.1.016 tonight (before reading all the comments) many transponders missing on 3 satellites (19°, Hot Bird, Astra 28°), reverted back to 5.1.013

Think you need to look at your setup whats causing your issue, its not OpenViX. I use multiple satellites on both developer and release images with no missing transponders that I can see. How are your bouquets made up?
 
New drivers are only for 4K ARM
Vu Zero is MIPS
New Zero flash 5.1.016 without restore. Not working here

In post #4, you are only taking arm boxes including Zero 4K, so do you have an older Zero as well??
You specify Uno 4K, SF4008 and Zero 4K or Zero??
 
Think you need to look at your setup whats causing your issue, its not OpenViX. I use multiple satellites on both developer and release images with no missing transponders that I can see. How are your bouquets made up?

Hi, thanks for that. AFAIK this is the first time I have noticed as many transformers missing after updating software. What do mean "How are your bouquets made up?" do you need to look at my bouquets list?
 
In post #4, you are only taking arm boxes including Zero 4K, so do you have an older Zero as well?
Yes, I have SF4008, Uno4K, Zero4K, Zero and many others. I tested old Zero, because you blamed new drivers.

Currently only SF4008 5.1.016 works(don't know why). Not a big problem, I'll just use 5.1.013 on others.
 
Yes, I have SF4008, Uno4K, Zero4K, Zero and many others. I tested old Zero, because you blamed new drivers.

Currently only SF4008 5.1.016 works(don't know why). Not a big problem, I'll just use 5.1.013 on others.
As we were talking at the time of only 4K boxes, and Vu+ had changed drivers in that build, I said it would appear that.....
With Vu+‘s track record on support it was not unlikely that this change may have caused an error.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top