Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Most bizarre problem...

  • Thread starter Thread starter ea.xlns
  • Start date Start date
E

ea.xlns

Guest
Not sure if I'm posting this on the right area of the forum but here goes:

As the title says, I have the most bizarre and annoying tuner problem on a VU+ Duo.

Using BBC One HD as the example but the same happens for a lot of channels; when I initially select BBC One HD I get no picture (0% SNR) with a tuner failed error message. The solution is simple but very annoying; I have to go to a foreign channel for 2 seconds and then back to BBC One HD and this time I get picture with 87% SNR.

My current set up is simple:

Tuner A - 28.2e
Tuner B - 28.2e and 13.0e through a two-way diseqc switch.

I feel like the LNB has to change for me to get a picture. BTW I am sharing a communal dish with many flats in my block but not sure if that makes a difference...This problem persists even if I deconfigure Tuner B and have only 28.2e setup on Tuner A.

I know my box isn't faulty because I have tried 3 different duos and had the same problem with each. I have also set up my tuners the other way round and was having the same problem on the previous image...strangely enough I don't have this issue on a DM800 clone with the same setup

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance
 
I take it that in the Tuner B config, you have set it to tuner A/B?? and diseqc 1.1 ??
also in unit config,

menu/setup/system/customize/scroll down the list to preferred server, and set it to tuner A, this will mean recordings/28 east will defualt to your single dish first
 
I take it that in the Tuner B config, you have set it to tuner A/B?? and diseqc 1.1 ??
also in unit config,

menu/setup/system/customize/scroll down the list to preferred server, and set it to tuner A, this will mean recordings/28 east will defualt to your single dish first

Thanks for you response.

Tuner B mode Is setup as disecq A/B with 28.2 to A and 13 to B.

I tried the preferred tuner setting before but to no avail. Anyway, I don't think the issue is with the disecq switch simply because if I just have tuner A set up I get the same issue, as mentioned.

I think it's one of these issues that you have to see to actually believe it.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top