Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Mounting USB.

  • Thread starter Thread starter rob588cliff
  • Start date Start date
R

rob588cliff

Guest
Hi,

I'm trying to mount a USB stick (vix3.0) however, I keep getting the message 'mount failed' I've tried two different sticks, both have failed.

Do I need to format the stick on the PC first in fat32, then try and mount and initialize - ultimately I need it formatted in ext 3/4.

Any help appreciated.
 
Try initialising the stick before you mount it :thumbsup:
 
Great, it's mounted now however, if I go into 'setup mounts' I can then choose where I want to mount the device to. If I then go to the mentioned USB drive on the right hand side it says.

/media/sdc1

Should I change this or leave it? My other mounted USB which I have my EPG data and picons on shows as /media/USB ?

Can you help ?

Thanks.
 
You can change it to USB2 under mount manager or leave it, up to you :cool:
 
Whats it actually asking me, I'm not really clear ? I want to use the second drive for a swap file.

The only reason I'm using a second USB is because the first one (picons and EPG) is formatted as fat32. I think I'm right in saying it needs to be formatted as ext3/4 to do a swap file ?

If I wanted to reformat the first drive as ext3/4 without losing everything in there will the following work ?

Plug the first drive into my PC.
Copy all the content onto my PC.
Plug the drive back into my duo initialize so it's formatted ext3/4.
Plug the stick back into the PC and copy original content back to the USB drive.
Insert the USB stick back into the Duo.
Add swap file.

Will this work ???

Thanks again.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top