Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

mutant hd51

  • Thread starter Thread starter steviesoitis
  • Start date Start date
Is the HD51 Samsung tuners then?

I found a picture suggesting the Xtrend 12000 is using Samsung add in tuners anyway:
Slide3.PNG.0bf03a1af6b0af37a4204eeba5c96e15.PNG
 
Agree it's bleeding edge as mentioned above, I'd personally not go in on one now as a main box, but if you don't mind buying on the basis it'll be a bumpy ride to begin with and for several months after, then you have the option. The same seller regularly pulls the same stunt from memory - I only ever see them used in launch situations iirc.

I've read the Mut@nt HD21 is just a no thrills box and defo not bleeding edge as stated.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
It's not bleeding edge in terms of hardware advancement, features or doing anything massively new, from what little I've read from people who used one/have one, it's more a case of the hardware was ready to ship before the software side was suitably mature, as such anyone buying one is in effect beta testing it - more so than usual :)
 
Yeah. Defo worth keeping an eye on this receiver especially at that price and being 4K. Will see price drops on the other receivers to compete, hopefully....... [emoji4]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Last edited:
anyone buying one is in effect beta testing it - more so than usual :)

That pretty much describes most of the E2 receiver market including most of the boxes produced and released by Vu+.
 
Mine should be here tomorrow, I'll let you's know how I get on
 
People have different reasons for buying, for me 4K has nothing to do with it, ARM and FBC are my main priorities, in that order. I have to buy another box over the next few weeks, spending £229 on another S2 is not great as its legacy hardware, £169 for an SE v2 isn't much better, so it was likely to be a dual DVBS OS mini as they're £99 and ultimately I won't be using it much. If the Mutant comes in around the £200ish mark when supply stabilises and driver support picks up, then I 'd probably pay the extra and demote my S2 (100ish more to get the S2 as a spare and a better primary seems decent). Unfortunately it's a waiting game as new hardware coming to market could push Vu's prices down slightly and more is due soon, it's still going to be a few months after launch before things settle down though and I'm like a kid in a sweet shop with a fiver and no adult supervision :D
 
not buying either the hd51 or xtrend.
Granted the mutant is more realistically priced but both boxes lacks FBC tuners and HDMI input so would be a step back for me.

Waiting for the gigablue and spycat release.
But there is no way i am spending a penny more than 300 quid on a box. So that rules out VU and Dream lol

So far they all using the same chipset released in early 2015, there is already better CPU alternatives available.
 
Agreed, E2 hardware is enthusiast territory, OEM's appear to take the view that they can put out hardware that's barely functional/tested and the image teams will develop/feedback issues. Image support sells hardware and bug reports/fixes perpetuates the myth that a particular OEM is better than another. The sat hardware market moves at a glacial pace, I suspect it'll be a while before we see 2-4GB RAM/quad core CPU's, but hopefully the higher end stuff will and it can be put to good use. I'd love to have something like E2BMC UI's, with ARM that becomes a step closer as does a true 'one box' solution.

If you're buying hardware in the next few months then i'd suggest it's hard to justify a Solo2 when for £10-20 more you can get the HD51, granted it won't be a smooth user experience at this stage, but give it a few months and things should be different. MIPS will move to entry level, ARM from the high end to the middle ground and FBC will be used to differentiate the premium end of things and gradually trickle down over time. The current £239 seems like a decent price for a twin legacy tuner/ARM/4k set-up, even better if in the future you can replace those tuners with FBC's. I could be horribly wrong and it turns out the 1st gen HD51 has a hardware issue that can't be fixed via software etc.
 
not buying either the hd51 or xtrend.
Granted the mutant is more realistically priced but both boxes lacks FBC tuners and HDMI input so would be a step back for me.

Waiting for the gigablue and spycat release.
But there is no way i am spending a penny more than 300 quid on a box. So that rules out VU and Dream lol

So far they all using the same chipset released in early 2015, there is already better CPU alternatives available.

Laughing my farking arse off !!!. You mean to tell me you actually own a box other than that zgemma and cloud I box shite your always touting every where else ?.
 
Last edited:
Agreed, E2 hardware is enthusiast territory, OEM's appear to take the view that they can put out hardware that's barely functional/tested and the image teams will develop/feedback issues.
that's always been the case, even as far back as the original dreambox E1 boxes.

Image support sells hardware and bug reports/fixes perpetuates the myth that a particular OEM is better than another.

Correct and some manufacturers (cough Vu+ cough) seem to believe that their boxes need no form of testing before release. They just expect teams to instantly offer support. If more teams put their foot down and refused to offer support until they at least had a chance to properly test the hardware and image like ViX used to then you would have a far more stable platform.

The sat hardware market moves at a glacial pace, I suspect it'll be a while before we see 2-4GB RAM/quad core CPU's, but hopefully the higher end stuff will and it can be put to good use. I'd love to have something like E2BMC UI's, with ARM that becomes a step closer as does a true 'one box' solution.

i suspect it may never come to be honest, you simply do not need that kind of spec just to watch TV and every thing else the manufacturers tout as features like kodi are to be considered as extras.

As for ARM that's still very early days and E2 would need almost a full rewrite or better still a totally new OS. E2 was only really written for mips. Other chip manufacturers have tried and failed miserably to get in on the E2 scene.
 
Have to be honest IF I buy a new "4K toy" :) it will be when the competition have shipped boxes and we can see how stable they are.
But I really don,t see any benefit of spending money on FBC and/or Unicable. Unicable I can see benefit for most people if they are installing new cabling, but I have seen nothing that proves that a Unicable LNB will do anything for me compared to a good quad/quattro LNB in my marginal signal area.... especially if splitters are introduced that downgrade the signal even more.
Also with my current multiswitch I have more than enough recordable inputs at the moment, so FBC gives me no advantage what so ever:)

So I will not paying out good money for a niche expensive VU+, but a good quality old fashioned receiver like the HD51may be an option :)
 
Have to be honest IF I buy a new "4K toy" :) it will be when the competition have shipped boxes and we can see how stable they are.
But I really don,t see any benefit of spending money on FBC and/or Unicable. Unicable I can see benefit for most people if they are installing new cabling, but I have seen nothing that proves that a Unicable LNB will do anything for me compared to a good quad/quattro LNB in my marginal signal area.... especially if splitters are introduced that downgrade the signal even more.
Also with my current multiswitch I have more than enough recordable inputs at the moment, so FBC gives me no advantage what so ever:)

So I will not paying out good money for a niche expensive VU+, but a good quality old fashioned receiver like the HD51may be an option :)

lmao I hear that mate. I have two zone 2 sky dishes each with a octo lnb a 80 cm motorised dish with a twin lnb and a 1 meter dish with another octo lnb.
 
Have to be honest IF I buy a new "4K toy" :) it will be when the competition have shipped boxes and we can see how stable they are.
But I really don,t see any benefit of spending money on FBC and/or Unicable. Unicable I can see benefit for most people if they are installing new cabling, but I have seen nothing that proves that a Unicable LNB will do anything for me compared to a good quad/quattro LNB in my marginal signal area.... especially if splitters are introduced that downgrade the signal even more.
Also with my current multiswitch I have more than enough recordable inputs at the moment, so FBC gives me no advantage what so ever:)

So I will not paying out good money for a niche expensive VU+, but a good quality old fashioned receiver like the HD51may be an option :)

You are more of an old traditionalist guy then eh Twol. [emoji4]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Laughing my farking arse off !!!. You mean to tell me you actually own a box other than that zgemma and cloud I box shite your always touting every where else ?.

Yes i do, but it is not relevant. Everyone knows that Zgemma is a budget box. I am a fan your right. That dosn't make Zgemma the only box i use lol.
Its is simple thinking really, everyone else has to get realistic with price to get a piece of the pie. No one else produces a 55 quid twin tuner, but there are now a lot more cheaper boxes now on the market then there was before Zgemma come along.
Will we see a zgemma 4k quad FBC tuner with HDMI input and 5 inch lcd disply? Probably not lol
 
Have to be honest IF I buy a new "4K toy" :) it will be when the competition have shipped boxes and we can see how stable they are.
But I really don,t see any benefit of spending money on FBC and/or Unicable. Unicable I can see benefit for most people if they are installing new cabling, but I have seen nothing that proves that a Unicable LNB will do anything for me compared to a good quad/quattro LNB in my marginal signal area.... especially if splitters are introduced that downgrade the signal even more.
Also with my current multiswitch I have more than enough recordable inputs at the moment, so FBC gives me no advantage what so ever:)

So I will not paying out good money for a niche expensive VU+, but a good quality old fashioned receiver like the HD51may be an option :)

Have to agree, am holding of a 4K box even though got a 4k telly as nothing appeals so far and unlikely to do so for some time. More importantly personally dont think there will be much in way of 4K content from the providers that you can view on these boxea
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top