Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo2] Mute/volume control not working on remote

  • Thread starter Thread starter gordyboy
  • Start date Start date
just another question Is there ever a time when we will get to a stage whereby no more updates are needed? In otherwards everything goes sweet and someone says thats it? I am trying to understand why all the updates

cheers

No, we're always pestering Andy with things we think might be good ideas...
If you are happy with a build, you can easily stick to that one.
 
yes i will but no big issue for me I used to flash with the old usb set up but much prefer online much less hassle
 
just another question Is there ever a time when we will get to a stage whereby no more updates are needed? In otherwards everything goes sweet and someone says thats it? I am trying to understand why all the updates

cheers

There will never be a time when no more updates are produced unless we decide to cease support for that particular model. We are continually updating and improving things hence the number of updates.

We used to release only one or two updates a year and got a whole hell of a load of flack from our users who wanted updates as and when they were produced, thats why we have the current system where updates are released pretty much as soon a they are ready.
 
re all my Vu remotes still work fine on build 805, tested on duo, uno, ultimo, solo2.

Thats interesting as I havent done anything different other than install the new build same as any other build but this time with problems.

Think I will wait for the next update and see if it rectifies itself

As phoenix said. No problems here. Using Ultimo and Solo. So, unless it's a Duo2 specific problem. But imagine that Sicilian or Rob would've noticed this problem...
 
The only time I ever had this volume control issue was with a Solo2 & after setting a TV code.
I did a fresh flash, didn't restore settings & volume wouldn't work.
What pheonix points out below sorted it straight away.

To return the remote to a none configured state

1. Press 1 and 6 for three seconds until LED is on.
2. Press 9 9 6.
 
would be good to know if duo users have the problem so that I can rule out the build
 
just another question Is there ever a time when we will get to a stage whereby no more updates are needed? In otherwards everything goes sweet and someone says thats it? I am trying to understand why all the updates

cheers

You do not have to update. If you are happy with a particular build just turn off the update notification, just means if any new features are introduced you will not have use of them.
 
Hi,
Do you have downmix enabled?

Ciao

Gesendet von meinem GT-P1000 mit Tapatalk 4
 
would be good to know if duo users have the problem so that I can rule out the build

I dont mean to sound like a dick but if you mean Duo2 please say so ( even though the thread is titled duo2 ), otherwise it can become confusing as the Duo and Duo 2 are different receivers using different remote controls and remote control codes.
 
I have dolby digital/dts downmix Not enabled and AAC downmix enabled

Any problems with this?

tx
 
Problem solved I changed dolby digital/dts downmix to Enabled...............sorted

With the new builds these things appear so its good when users highlight the changes

tx
 
both those options are active by default on my receivers with no problems.
 
could this be taken into consideration for future new builds to make them active by default?
 
With the new builds these things appear so its good when users highlight the changes

tx

Thats exactly why we ask for users to submit bug reports when they encounter them.
 
there you go then its worked bug logged a few emails here and there and sorted and a suggestion for later builds.
 
1- Downmix is always enabled by default.
2- Whether downmix is on or off, the mute-function does always work. As you reported mute to be not functioning either, you put us on the wrong foot.
3- You might have told us that using the volume buttons the volume bar on the screen did show, but the volume itself didn't react.

You see how important it is to provide as much info as possible?
 
next time i will go through the whole process from switching the tv on
 
next time i will go through the whole process from switching the tv on

If you provide more information, and most importantly concise information, then that does help.

So, in the future, please do :)


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
 
thanks just to say that when I changed the dolby/digital downmix from No to Yes it solved the problem of the remote mute/volume but I had to revert back to having it disabled as it knocked out my dolby function on my amp. Back to square one.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top