Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Need some skin help please :)

IAmATeaf

New member
Joined
May 1, 2011
Messages
507
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
South of the Watford Gap!
I've created my own variation of the ViX-Night skin, main changes has been to lighten some of the menus and simply move a few things around. It's always been based on ViX-Night so the efforts of AndyBlac are much appreciated.

Here's where I need some help or maybe even a post to help my understanding. With the latest updates although the main parts of the skin are OK, each and every menu now has a transparent top and bottom and no matter what I do I can't seem to correct this. I thought of changing the value backgroundColor from Transparent to a colour but that on some menus has a strange effect in that I then end up with the top part of the menu stretching nearly the width of the screen.

Any help would be much appreciated, I've attached the skin files as is at the mo with some screenshots to show a preview and the problem with the menu. As you can see in the screenshot with the menu, the top and bottom are transparent.

Skin-Preview0.webp

Skin-Preview.webp

Bouquet-Preview.webp

Weird-Menu.webp

View attachment ViX-NotSoNight-HD.zip
 
Last edited:
you are missing the menu background

menu_bg i think its called
 
@rossi2000, you were spot on, the file template-NSC.xml referenced the file menu/bg.png which didn't exist in my modified version of the skin, changing this to ViX-NotSoNight-HD/menu/bg-bp20.png got the menu background back :)
 
rossi2000, is there an app that can be used to play around with skins, have used one but it doesn't understand templates so you have to flatten things before which is a pain.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Hi, I like what you've done with this skin. I have a couple of questions as I want to make some tweeks to the standard skin myself/

1) Where did you change the colour of the program progress on the infobar? I've looked in all the XML files but cannot see the colour value listed anywhere.
2) How did you change the multiEPG to show the programs set for recording in red? I really like this change.

Cheers
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top