Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Network problem

If you are on a build before 155, you cannot restore from a backup, you will have to fresh flash and setup as new. You will encounter problems in the long run if you restore any backups prior to 155 build.

HI Andy, thanks for pointing that out. I've just checked and the backup's that are in the backup manager say openvix-vusolo2-software-Apollo. 152-2015-04- I have been updating from Vix update and assumed it was updating as I went.

It was a long nightmare setting this all up from scratch. I started from page one of the manual and read every instruction. It took me all evening (This is my first box ever) I'm not sure I'd want to do all that again, I nearly gave up and it was rescued from the bin for one last try.

Are you saying 152 can't be updated without a fresh install and I can't back up the settings either? ...And I'll have to do all that work again? If that's a yes, think I'll be on version 152 for ever. :(

I have downloaded isettings V3.3.3 (from addons). That claims to backup settings. would you know if I could I use that to do a settings backup and then restore it to a new install?
 
Last edited:
Just to clear something up, you wont find a button that specifically says "settings backup", just press the green button while in the backup manager.

Backup manager, allows you to create or restore a settings and plugins backup. be aware though to restore plugins you will need a active internet connection as it downloads the plugins from the image feeds. you can also restore this kind of backup during the setup phase of a new install when presented with the option to use a backup.

Image manager, allows you to create a full image backup, it also allow you to download images directly from the ViX server and restore any image directly without the need for a USB stick, also known as "couch flashing".

As for the skin issue which skin do you currently have in use ?. I will help as mush as I can but I am working from memory and wont have access to a receiver to verify any thing until after my shift and thats 08:00 tomorrow morning.

Thanks pheonix, I'm using Blue HD as the skin

So Backup Manager backs up settings and / or plugins.
Image Manager backs up the whole system.

To be honest it seems unnecessarily complicated way to go about this. (from a user's point of view)

It makes sense now you have pointed it out, but I would have guessed a menu item saying

Backup

Restore

Then 3 options in each

*Restore everything from a image (full backup)
*Restore settings (settings only)
*Restore settings and plugins (internet connection necessary)

IMHO this would be idiot proof and user intuitive and people wouldn't need so much support.

I'll re read this tomorrow when I'm more awake. Sorry if I'm being obtuse. Thanks again for your help.
 
Last edited:
Ok I'm going to see if I can upgrade my solo2 to the latest version of Vix. I currently have 152. Although I have been upgrading via Vix Update, it doesn't seem to update :confused:

I have downloaded openvix-Apollo.165-vusolo_usb.zip to laptop
I have taken a backup of my 152 system using Vix Backup Manager
I have taken a backup of "settings" using isettings (plugin from addons) 3.3.3.
I have CCam - Should I make a note of the details or is there anyway I can take ANY settings over to the new install?
Will this new install erase all my recorded movies?
Will I have to set up all my tv timers again?

I must admit I am a bit daunted at a full install, just to get it back to what I already have.

I work best from a numbered list of instructions.

1) If you know any prayers now's the time to recite them

2) Fear not, if it goes tits up you can always revert to 152 by running the image manager (copy an image backup onto your laptop over FTP -just in case)

3) This is your bit ....:eek:
 
Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top