Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Network problem

SteveW66

New member
Joined
Apr 23, 2013
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Manchester, UK
I don't know if this a hardware or software fault, although software seems more likely.

I have a TM-Twin OE in the living room, with a 2TB hard-disk installed and a Mutant HD1500 in the kitchen using the TM-Twin's hard-disk via my network.

Yesterday, the Mutant couldn't see the Technomate, so I rebooted both and all was well.

Today, it couldn't be seen again, but this time rebooting failed to solve the problem. Investigation showed the TM-Twin setting for the network interface being used being set to "no". I changed the setting from "no" to "yes", saved and on going back into the setting, it showed "no" again. Repeated tries of doing this from the menu and from the wizard failed. Further delving showed that the MAC Address had disappeared and was now 00:00:00:00:00:00.

I had a record of the MAC Address (my home server allocates the same IP addresses to all devices by DHCP, so it is listed there), so I re-entered it and all has been well since.

I can't understand how the MAC Address could just disappear though. Anyone else had this?

SteveW
 
There was a bootloader update to prevent loss of Mac address. it won't be allowed on network without a Mac address.
 
Thanks for that. I assume that it is rare occurrence though, as I've had the box for a number of years without this happening before.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top