Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

New box with lots of tuners for tvh/sat>ip

a1exm

New member
Joined
Aug 29, 2022
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi everyone,

Bit of a newb question as I’m new the world of Linux receivers and I’m a bit overwhelmed! I’m wanting to purchase one as they seem very flexible and much more available than ‘basic’ Sat>IP servers, of which I have a simple 2 tuner version.

Are there any suggested receivers which have around 4-8 tuners onboard and can run as a Sat>IP server, or run Tvheadend so I have an m3u for my clients?

I have a wideband LNB with a dSCR switch which has legacy (which I’m using now) and unicable outputs so flexible on this.

Information I’ve found about FBC tuners is they are essentially 8 discreet receivers if using a unicable system, is that correct?

Thanks in advance!
 
A receiver with an FBC tuner will give you most flexibility/functionality.

It is good you have the dscr switch. How many SCR does it have?
 
Am I right in thinking SCR and FBC together would give the number of ‘discreet’ tuners I’m after? Are these only in newer receivers, meaning can I find anything used with this feature?

This one has only 2 I think, but could change it. Was the easiest solution to re-use the wideband LNB without going on the roof and keeping flexibility.
 
So long as you have atleast 8 SCR/channels, you can configure the 8 tuners/demodulators on a receiver with an FBC tuner. Very unlikely for a switch to only have two SCR/channels. Please double check. What model is it?

Only Gigablue and Vu make receivers with FBC tuners.
 
My mistake I thought you meant physical F-type outputs. It supports EN50494 and EN50607 according to the spec.
 
I had a look at the Gigablue website and the X3 seems to have the dual FBC tuner but much cheaper, although not on the shop which hosts this website. Any features I should be looking for which the one you’ve linked to doesn’t have?

I stumbled across Sat>IP a couple of years ago and have found it works well for us using Apple TVs as the client and the Channels app plus the backend DVR which runs on a Linux VM. Recordings are stored on my NAS. Tvheadend also runs so I can pick and choose channels we want and order the the way we choose.

The end user interface is pretty polished and easy to work for us and other catch up tv apps are on the same screen as the live tv.

I appreciate all of these features can most likely be accomplished on one Linux receiver, this has just grown organically. Unfortunately the lack of dedicated Sat>IP hardware recently has lead me to look at other alternatives for tuners hence my questions!

Appreciate your responses! Alex
 
The Gigablue X3 does not have FBC tuners.

The following Gigablue receivers have FBC tuners
GB UE 4K
GB Quad 4K.

The following Vu receivers have FBC tuners
Solo 4K
Uno 4K
Uno 4K SE
Duo 4K
Duo 4K SE
Ultimo 4K
 
Last edited:
One more question if you don't mind, about FBC tuners, do they all have twin F-type inputs or are there models with one physical f-type input?

I will be using Unicable as mentioned, do I need to physically connect both inputs or can this be passed through via software?

Sorry that's a bit wordy, unsure how to be more specific!
 
Last edited:
Hi,
one cable is enough. The 2nd is only of interest if you use legacy LNB.

Ralf
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top