Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] New Solo2 User Setting Timers & Program Overlaps

barnumdog

New member
Joined
Jan 27, 2014
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi

Just started using solo 2 with vix image and am wondering what other people do about recording and timer events

If I'm recording 2 things at 8:00pm then 2 things at 9:00pm due to time padding the box refuses to set the timer event for the second program, due to a clash. The only way I can get this to work is by setting the timers up as follows

prog1 8:00 to 8:59 bbc1
prog2 8:00 to 8:59 itv

prog3 9:00 to 9:59 bbc2
prog4 9:00 to 9:59 itv2

or something like that!
I have to manually adjust the timer event to stop at 8:59 and have removed the +2, -2 padding from the recording settings page, but this may tend to miss the last moments of a program (Top Gear last night did!)

Ive just moved from sky and this sort of scenario more or less just worked! I tend to just record everything and watch later, so the 8to9 oclock log jam is going to be a common thing for me!

Someone using one of these wonderful boxes must have had the same problems as me!

Thanks
 
I'm having the very same issue. With programs at at 8 and 9 pm

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
 
I think the tuner in a skybox will let you overlap recordings from all frequencys in a quadrant on just the one tuner, I think what I can gather the latest vu tuners only lets you overlap recordings from channels on the same transponder on one tuner at any time. If your recording from the HD variations your out of luck, but if sd will do you a quick look at lyngsat shows that quite a few regional variations of ITV and itv2 are on the same freesat transponder, as are 4 regional variations of bbc1 and bbc 2 England, so it possible if you want to set up a freesat bouquet for London region and set the recordings from that list.
 
... Or you could buy an external tuner, I might be selling one...
 
Bought a usb tuner and still not enough

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk
 
Is there any solution to this?

Currently if I want to set an autotimer to records 2 different channels with program that say start at 8 and finish at 9 pm. I am then unable to record a different channel with a program beginning at 9pm.
I get the timer clash warning and the auto timers for the program at 9pm won't set.
I have set the overlap for records to 0 for before and after.

It's not very often this clash occurs. Just wondering of its something I have set wrong

Cheers in advance

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
 
Last edited:
There must be a gap between the times: so until 20.59 and next start at 21.00 or so. Then it should work. So this means that you'll need to go through the list yourself (once a week or so) and see if any are missing due to this, so you can add (and manipulate) them yourself.

Best is of course to use a box with more tuners. Depending on the local circumstances an USB DVB-T tuner can also help.
 
It's not a big problem I can always record on the +1 variants.
Was more to see if I had something set incorrectly.

Thanks for clearing up Rob

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
 
Regardless of how a sky box manages it, the solution I proposed would work in your situation.
Ps stanman, buy 2 USB tuners....
 
If you could the box would let you set up 2 timers 8:00 to 9:00 and then 9:00 to 10:00 without having to change the first event to 8:59, then I could live with this.

I understand being a programmer myself a logical rule has to be applied, but this shouldnt be beyond some genius!

Would adding USB DVBT(2) tuner not be messy as to which tuner it would select or is this clever enough to know the 2 sat tuners are busy record the third event from the USB tuner? I assume that ITVHD would be listed twice in the EPG the sat version & the Terrestrial version.

I havent got 3 sat feeds to put a USB sat tuner in place!
 
ad 1: The probem is, taht E2 has been build around all kinds of more or less integrated modules.
We have been trying to let timers automatically set to end time minus 10 seconds. For timers that worked, but the conflictmanager doesn't understand that. And so on and so on...
But if you can be of help as programmer, please offer your help as such to our team!

ad 2: services from USB-tuners can be set as 'alternatives' to services from the satellite. In that case you set the AT's on the satellite channel, and the logarithm can then make the actual timers on one of those alternatives.
 
I wasn't thinking along the lines of dvb-t USB tuners but dvb-s2
 
is it possible to have 30 seconds as an option ? so timer finishes at say 8.59.30secs? this way a timer finishes 30mins before the end as on most channels it will be adverts anyway. and then this lets timers start on other channels and im sure minimise clashes?
 
It sounds like timers system doesn't make use of seconds at all and if that is the case then it would quite a big change.

Logically what should be done is to say add 1 second to the start of all timer recordings and deduct 1 second from the end but for this to work everything to do with timers would need to be updated to takes seconds into account.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top