Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

New Version Flasing Icon

StuBFrost

New member
Joined
Feb 21, 2012
Messages
190
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I had VIX 3 Build 245 on my Ultimo last week and got the flashing icon to tell me there was a new version which I upgraded to. This put the build up to 249.

A few hours later the update icon was flashing again but when I checked for an update it told me there was nothing to update.

The only way I could stop the icon from flashing was to reinstall the latest version on OpenVix which is build 245. I did this and again it prompted me to update to build 249 which I did. This was was fine again until yesterday when the update icon started flashing again. This time when I tried to update it said something along the lines of a background check is being done and to try again in a few minutes. Waited and tried again several times but still the same message and the same flashing icon.

So I have now reverted back again to build 245 and left it on that build.

Anyone else have similar problems with this or is it just me ?

I presume build 249 is not a stable release anyway although I was sure I had the setting not to download non stable versions.
 
we now set all new builds as unstable by default until we can declare them otherwise.

you can flash the 245 build image and turn off the unstable update notification. Menu> Setup> System> Online Update> Allow unstable ( untested ) updates > NO. this will stop you being notified of a update until we manually set it to stable. also there is a further update available ( 255 ) which is again set as unstable by default.
 
I thought the default was no because I never changed the setting but it still flashed to tell me of the new update.

I have had to switch update checking completely off to stop the issues I am having.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top