Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

New Vix Image Menu Display Tall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjhere

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2011
Messages
195
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hello All,

Downloaded and got the receiver set up and now just "fine tuning" the channels and things.

I must say that the new image is very refreshing!!

One slight problem I have is that when I go to the channel listings or the MENU, the top, the bottom and the left side of the menue and listings go off screen. I cannot see the headings or which colour button to press to navigate or store what I want to store, that is the Red, Green, Yellow and Blue Buttons that appear at the bottom, to do what I want to do.

On the Channel listings the first few letters go off the screen to the left hand side, this only happens when in the MENU or Channel listings. The picture on the channels is actually dead centre so I am not losing any channel picture.

I have changed the display settings to Just Scale and other options like it was on the previous Vix Image. I have also checked the TV settings and all these seem to be as they should be as the picture through the aerial is just fine.

As always, any comments or suggestions will be gratefully acknowledged.

Sanj
 
Best solution, find the hidden menu on your TV to turn off overscan.
Other than that, use Menu - Setup - System - OSD - OSD Position Setup to resize the OSD.
 
you need to adjust the OSD settings

go, MENU/SYSTEM, scroll down to OSD, press OK, select OSD setup, press OK

and adjust as needed

if it helps, my settings are

OSD visibility 240
move left/right 15
width 690
move up/down 0
height 560
 
Hello Basil,

Absolutely PERFECT!

Thank you, I can see it all now.

:)
 
No problem, just pleased to of helped you, hope you enjoy the forum, and your unit :D
 
Hello Judge,

Sorry missed your post :confused:

I changed the OSD settings and I can see the VIX Menu much clearly now.

Thank you.
 
Hello Judge,
Sorry missed your post :confused:
I changed the OSD settings and I can see the VIX Menu much clearly now.
Yes, but you missed Judges point!
Resizing the OSD is only an emergengy to get OSD correct; the picture itself is still being overstreched (each pixel is being displayed as 1.05 pixel or so). This ruins the picture quality.

What you really should do is to tell your TV not to use 'overscan'.
 
Disabling overscan isn't without problems. Some channels shows white line like this:
3643959724_ece9675b93_o.webp
Not my picture, but just an example.
 
Indeed: there are still services that don't know how to handle a TV-picture.
Anyway: better a line like that on some channels, than a re-sized picture on all channels.
 
Thanks for this - what a difference

I was looking everywhere for that and thought this was going to take a new TV. Well done and thanks.


Best solution, find the hidden menu on your TV to turn off overscan.
Other than that, use Menu - Setup - System - OSD - OSD Position Setup to resize the OSD.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top