Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] New VIX Image Vu+ Duo Version 2.4 15/05/2012 - DISCUSSION ONLY -

XRD,

Since the last version of Image Skins havent been editable in the skin editiors...You'd have to use Notepad +++ or similar.
Not sure if the new versions are the same but I'd assume so.

D

I know, I'm not having a go just pointing out my (very early!) first impressions. Everything else about the menus is much better, having mini 'help' info at the bottom is a great job. How would I go about editing the skin to see what I can come up with?

Found the skin editors... so how would I tweak the ViX Night HD skin a little?
 
Can i ask if that xbmc skin a member was making a few month back available on this image?
 
Can i ask if that xbmc skin a member was making a few month back available on this image?

yes if you look at the release notes on the first post it tells you so.

download it from the plugins, ViX feeds.
 
all good, xbmc skin not to my liking so returned to vix night hd skin. all works to perfection. thanks guys
 
i love the new vixbox night skin and works well with the transparent picon looks fresh, thanks keep up the good work
 
In my first foray into skinning, I appear to have already broken the Vix_Night_HD skin... is there a way to restore the skin/redownload?
 
oh dear me, you did remember to make a backup first ?

you can download the ViX Day HD skin directly from the plugin feeds if thats any help.
 
I have plenty of backups just wondered if there was a quick way of doing it. I've got the Day HD skin ta. Oh well...
 
I did this before but it doesn't seem to want to work for me now.

I should flash the bootloader right? - Put nothing but the bootloader file at vuplus folder level on the usb key, insert it and turn on the machine. It says reading usb then goes straight into startup mode and the box starts up.

I've tried going straight to the image on the usb key at the vuplus folder level but it doesn's read it. Starts up the box and I can see my channels.

Am I doing something wrong?
 
make sure your usb stick is formatted as FAT32, have you got another stick you can try
 
No just one. Just tried it again. Completely ignoring the USB stick now and just going straight into startup. I'll have to try and get hold of another USB stick.
 
I am new to the Duo but I see they mention "Blindscan"

does this mean that the duo is going to support it?
 
I am new to the Duo but I see they mention "Blindscan"

does this mean that the duo is going to support it?

no and if thats in the release notes for the Duo then i apologise, the duo and solo dont have the required hardware support for blindscan.
 
just to be sure about what you mean by vuplus folder level,

On the stick you have a folder called vuplus
vuplus has a subfolder called duo
duo contains the files kernel_cfe_auto.bin, root_cfe_auto.jffs2 and reboot.update

Also try leaving the power off for a good 3 mins before inserting the usb in the front slot and switching back on
 
Got it sorted finally with another USB key (exact same type and make as another one that wouldn't work).

Looks good guys. Thanks.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top