Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[GiGaBlue HD800SE] New ViX Team Gigablue HD800SE OE3.0 Release Discussion

Is this image OK with the 800UE as well? :confused: :)

This particular image is for the 800SE only but there is a identical image for use with the 800UE

here

Code:
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=
 
I've had the GigaBlue SE box for over a week now, I'm using the 310 ViX build, when I first did a automatic scan last week it found all the channels but the AGC was always 0% but the channels still worked.

Today I done another automatic scan but it finishes at 0% and says scan done, not sure what's gone wrong but the channels still work.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
My Tuner configuration is set to the correct settings 28.2E but when I go to manual scan it's set to 30.2E and I can't change it.

I've just realised my vu duo is doing the same thing, I think it has something to do with this image build as I did a scan on my vu duo yesterday and it scanned fine but today I updated to build 310 and it's not scanning.
 
I have 310 on three boxes and no issue, go into tuner config and see if you can change the sat.
 
My Tuner configuration is set to the correct settings 28.2E but when I go to manual scan it's set to 30.2E and I can't change it.

I've just realised my vu duo is doing the same thing, I think it has something to do with this image build as I did a scan on my vu duo yesterday and it scanned fine but today I updated to build 310 and it's not scanning.

Check your satellites.xml file.
 
I have 310 on three boxes and no issue, go into tuner config and see if you can change the sat.

In tuner config it's set to 28.2E on both boxes, I've had a look in satellites.xml and 28.2E is in the list.
 
Hi, all. I have downloaded the vix image and updated my gigablue I have put the vix image onto the memory stick as in the zip file
USB:/GIGABLUE/SE/then image files I think thats the foldernames, but im sure you know the two folders the image files are in... Do I keep them there and flash the vix image on or do I move all files too the route.. Eithway I cannot get this too flash. I see the boot loader flashes fine but everytime I do this the screen just stays black with boot on the front.

Thanks
 
Hi.

Make sure to format USB AGAIN in FAT32

Downloaded your Gigiblue image from openvix.co.uk..

Unzip the file..

Inside that file you will see a folder called.. "gigiblue"

Just copy this "gigiblue" folder to root of your USB Stick..

Make sure all other USB devices are disconnected from receiver..

Insert USB stick in front and power on your Gigiblue..

As soon as you see " Conf" displayed on the front display.. Press the OK button on front of receiver..

should now flash the image..
 
Just to add, if you already have a Vix team image on there inside the gigablue folder there is a file named noforce you need to rename that to force.
 
Currently on build 356

DTT 16:9 channels are not displaying with the correct aspect ratio. Box is connected to an old 4:3 TV. Satellite channels are fine. Previous images Team Red, Open AAF didn't exhibit the problem.

AV Settings:
Video Output: Scart
Aspect Ratio : 4:3
Display 16:9 content as: Letterbox
WSS on 4:3 : Enabled
Auto scart switching : Enabled

When zapping to a DTT channel the OSD 16:9 icon starts green and then rapidly greys out.

Any tips?
 
Some more info.

If I chose 'Pan and Scan' instead of Letterbox then the DTT 16:9 channels are okay (Letterboxed) but the 16:9 Satellite channels are Panned and Scanned.

If I choose Letterbox it's the other way around.

BTW these are Irish Saorview channels.

Finally - error in my post. It wasn't OpenAAF but the HDF image that was good. I haven't tried OpenAAF (yet).
 
Hi All

Just got my box a couple of days ago.
I am using it with an old phillips widescreen tv through a scart connection.
The problem the screen does not scale to the tv correctly i.e. menus to the left are not fully visible and I can hardly see the info box when I zap a channel.
I am on build 394
AV Settings:
Video Output: Scart
Aspect Ratio : 16:9
Auto scart switching : Enabled

I connect the box to a 1080p computer monitor via hdmi and set video output tho hdmi and all is fine but I need to use the phillips tv

Any help would be greatly appreciated..
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Menu > Set Up > System > User Interface > Position Set Up

From your you can toggle left and right and this will make the menu`s fit to the screen..
 
A better solution would be to turn off the overscan feature on your tv that causes this in the first place. You will see a overall increase in picture quality if you do.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top