Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[TM-TWIN-OE] New ViX Team Technomate TM-TWIN-OE ViX OE3.0 Release Discussion

Hi guys..

Has anyone noticed that some skin icons seem to work strangley...

Starting on an HD channel, the icons correctly show HD and 16:9 (unless you came from a 16:9 SD channel - see below)
-If I change to an SD channel broadcasting in 16:9, both the HD & 16:9 icons remain enabled (illuminated).
-If I change to an SD channel broadcasting in 4:3, both the HD and 16:9 icons are correctly disabled.

That said, if I wait (with both icons disabled) for an ad break (in 16:9) the 16:9 icon works as expected BUT....If another 4:3 advert is shown (and the icon is disabled), it stays that way even if the channel shows another 16:9 source. (unless you change channel and return)

OK:
[switching between a 4:3 SD programme and another 4:3 SD programme works fine]
[switching between a 4:3 SD programme and a 16:9 SD programme works fine]
[switching between a 4:3 SD programme and an HD programme works fine]
(the 16:9 icon is correctly enabled here as all HD channels on sly are 16:9, 4:3 content is pillarboxed)

BUGS:
[switching from a 16:9 SD programme to an HD programme does not enable the HD icon] (only 16:9 remains lit)
[switching from an HD programme to a 16:9 SD programme does not disable the HD icon] (both 16:9 and HD remain lit)

CG
 
Also
When the VIX logo spins continuously and the box menus/OSD lock up (the channel [and therefore the cam] remained ok) are their any logs that can be recovered to find out what's gone wrong?

I know it has crash logs, but would such a lockup cause any data to be written to the logs?

I went downstairs for a swim after tuning to Sly007 at the start of a film, came back about 90mins later and asked the box to record the timeshift and chose the 1 and only event in the list.
About 20mins into the next film, the VIX logo started spinning and it stayed like that until a telnet>reboot command was issued..

Once rebooted, I checked the movie list and found 2 recordings. The 1st was the film I asked it to record and the 2nd was the 5 min adverts after the film..

I don't know if an event update is made (albeit with the same name as the preceding film) which caused the 2nd recording, but it seems this is the logical answer..

The box didn't start the VIX logo until 20 or so mins after the end of the 2nd recording (the ads) so I doubt that caused it..

Anyways, these are not complaints as this image has done wonders for this box thus far :) Just thought some feedback would be welcome..
 
Last edited:
Also
When the VIX logo spins continuously and the box menus/OSD lock up (the channel [and therefore the cam] remained ok) are their any logs that can be recovered to find out what's gone wrong?

I know it has crash logs, but would such a lockup cause any data to be written to the logs?

I went downstairs for a swim after tuning to Sly007 at the start of a film, came back about 90mins later and asked the box to record the timeshift and chose the 1 and only event in the list.
About 20mins into the next film, the VIX logo started spinning and it stayed like that until a telnet>reboot command was issued..

Once rebooted, I checked the movie list and found 2 recordings. The 1st was the film I asked it to record and the 2nd was the 5 min adverts after the film..

I don't know if an event update is made (albeit with the same name as the preceding film) which caused the 2nd recording, but it seems this is the logical answer..

The box didn't start the VIX logo until 20 or so mins after the end of the 2nd recording (the ads) so I doubt that caused it..

Anyways, these are not complaints as this image has done wonders for this box thus far :) Just thought some feedback would be welcome..

Enable logs, Menu > Setup > system > logs.
 
Also
When the VIX logo spins continuously and the box menus/OSD lock up (the channel [and therefore the cam] remained ok) are their any logs that can be recovered to find out what's gone wrong?

I know it has crash logs, but would such a lockup cause any data to be written to the logs?

I went downstairs for a swim after tuning to Sly007 at the start of a film, came back about 90mins later and asked the box to record the timeshift and chose the 1 and only event in the list.
About 20mins into the next film, the VIX logo started spinning and it stayed like that until a telnet>reboot command was issued..

Once rebooted, I checked the movie list and found 2 recordings. The 1st was the film I asked it to record and the 2nd was the 5 min adverts after the film..

I don't know if an event update is made (albeit with the same name as the preceding film) which caused the 2nd recording, but it seems this is the logical answer..

The box didn't start the VIX logo until 20 or so mins after the end of the 2nd recording (the ads) so I doubt that caused it..

Anyways, these are not complaints as this image has done wonders for this box thus far :) Just thought some feedback would be welcome..

in situations such as that, debug logs would be the best bet of finding the problem.
 
Guy`s,

Im having issues connecting with DBoxedit? has the username/password changed on this image?
 
No, username is root, password is left blank (unless you changed it)
 
Also just a quick one, does anyone know of a good small HD Linux box (Reliable) for a second room that also has good support?
 
So not much added re this glitch then:
..

[switching from a 16:9 SD programme to an HD programme does not enable the HD icon] (only 16:9 remains lit)
[switching from an HD programme to a 16:9 SD programme does not disable the HD icon] (both 16:9 and HD remain lit)

& I've noticed on 2 occasions now that my box seems to crash when left in standby..

Each time, the following is displayed on the VFD "05/10 08:28"

A simple reboot command via telnet resolves it (until it freezes up with that same date/time...) very odd..

Nothing in the logs though :(
 
Update:
In standby, the date/time is slipping..

The box still works, but the date/time is now 18/10 05:03

As soon as the box is brought out of standby, the date/time is corrected.
With the box placed back in standby, it loses it again after a yet to be determined amount of time.
 
Now it says 18/10 05:17 again...wtf..

Dish still on 28E, just left in standby less than an hour ago..
 
It seems that an online update doesn't seem to update to the latest version, it seems you have to keep running it (in my case a 2nd time) to get the box up to the latest f/w which, upon a reboot, seems to have resolved the time slip problem :)

The HD/16:9 skin icon bug is still present though..
 
Guy`s,

Ive just updated my Tm-Twin HD with the latest loader and image but under Var\etc there is no CCcam.cfg file? Is this normal
 
yes thats perfectly normal. we dont provide any cams or config files, those are for the user to source them selves.
 
Hi Phoenix,

Thats cool ive created my own but is there any others that are missing that go with that one? Only ive named the file CCcam.cfg copied over to the box but it doesnt seem to be picking it up?
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top