Rob van der Does
ViX Beta Tester
The green and red button will be implemented in the next build. For now use 'OK' to save the config.
Also
When the VIX logo spins continuously and the box menus/OSD lock up (the channel [and therefore the cam] remained ok) are their any logs that can be recovered to find out what's gone wrong?
I know it has crash logs, but would such a lockup cause any data to be written to the logs?
I went downstairs for a swim after tuning to Sly007 at the start of a film, came back about 90mins later and asked the box to record the timeshift and chose the 1 and only event in the list.
About 20mins into the next film, the VIX logo started spinning and it stayed like that until a telnet>reboot command was issued..
Once rebooted, I checked the movie list and found 2 recordings. The 1st was the film I asked it to record and the 2nd was the 5 min adverts after the film..
I don't know if an event update is made (albeit with the same name as the preceding film) which caused the 2nd recording, but it seems this is the logical answer..
The box didn't start the VIX logo until 20 or so mins after the end of the 2nd recording (the ads) so I doubt that caused it..
Anyways, these are not complaints as this image has done wonders for this box thus farJust thought some feedback would be welcome..
Also
When the VIX logo spins continuously and the box menus/OSD lock up (the channel [and therefore the cam] remained ok) are their any logs that can be recovered to find out what's gone wrong?
I know it has crash logs, but would such a lockup cause any data to be written to the logs?
I went downstairs for a swim after tuning to Sly007 at the start of a film, came back about 90mins later and asked the box to record the timeshift and chose the 1 and only event in the list.
About 20mins into the next film, the VIX logo started spinning and it stayed like that until a telnet>reboot command was issued..
Once rebooted, I checked the movie list and found 2 recordings. The 1st was the film I asked it to record and the 2nd was the 5 min adverts after the film..
I don't know if an event update is made (albeit with the same name as the preceding film) which caused the 2nd recording, but it seems this is the logical answer..
The box didn't start the VIX logo until 20 or so mins after the end of the 2nd recording (the ads) so I doubt that caused it..
Anyways, these are not complaints as this image has done wonders for this box thus farJust thought some feedback would be welcome..
Also just a quick one, does anyone know of a good small HD Linux box (Reliable) for a second room that also has good support?
..
[switching from a 16:9 SD programme to an HD programme does not enable the HD icon] (only 16:9 remains lit)
[switching from an HD programme to a 16:9 SD programme does not disable the HD icon] (both 16:9 and HD remain lit)