Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] New ViX Team VU+ Duo OE3.0 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello andy,

why is the problem with ".value" only after from versions build 3.0.204? vix but based on OpenPLi, right? I have now test the original OpenPLI 3 nightly and there is no problem with ".value".
Vix is the single image with the .value issue. :confused:


Cheerio

based on yes, but ViX is a very different image and huge portions of the image have been re coded from the ground up.
 
Hello andy,

why is the problem with ".value" only after from versions build 3.0.204? vix but based on OpenPLi, right? I have now test the original OpenPLI 3 nightly and there is no problem with ".value".
Vix is the single image with the .value issue. :confused:


Cheerio

as pheonix said, my image is 'loosely based' on pli, these day's very loosely.

because we are now using proper config values and as a result the proper method has to be used ".getValues()", using .value is not a good idea at all.
 
Hi all

Thanks for this great image. I went from 2.4.213 to 3.0.473 without any problems.

I noticed 2 missing mode settings : EPG button mode and Quick EPG mode.
These were originally selectable in the button setup menu but I can't find them now anywhere.

Did I overlook something ???

Thanks again, Tom
 
Hi all

Thanks for this great image. I went from 2.4.213 to 3.0.473 without any problems.

I noticed 2 missing mode settings : EPG button mode and Quick EPG mode.
These were originally selectable in the button setup menu but I can't find them now anywhere.

Did I overlook something ???

Thanks again, Tom

QuckEpg mode is now called 'InfoBar EPG mode' in Setup --> System --> Customise.
as for EPG mode, this now in, press and hold EPG and choose last option, allows you choose what epg (short) actions.
 
QuckEpg mode is now called 'InfoBar EPG mode' in Setup --> System --> Customise.
as for EPG mode, this now in, press and hold EPG and choose last option, allows you choose what epg (short) actions.

Great !!! Works like a charm, thanks !!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: (which is 4 thumbs up)

This "press and hold and select default" is a very nice way to set a button to a personal setting.

You should wish every button worked that way......

Thanks again, Tom :thumbsup:
 
as pheonix said, my image is 'loosely based' on pli, these day's very loosely.

because we are now using proper config values and as a result the proper method has to be used ".getValues()", using .value is not a good idea at all.

Hello andy,

can i copy any file from original PLI3.0 to your image and become the old .value?

Thx
 
Hello andy,

can i copy any file from original PLI3.0 to your image and become the old .value?

Thx

depends on the file as some will work some will break the image, as said before the ViX image is only based on Pli it is not as some think a Pli image with a ViX skin.
 
no, we have never supported meoboot or any other multiboot plugin. that said you could try dumbo the dumb boot plugin that used to work not sure if it still does.
 
is there is no meoboot plugin...is there a plugin available for this image..or am i being stoopid and not seen it?
no, we have never supported meoboot or any other multiboot plugin. that said you could try dumbo the dumb boot plugin that used to work not sure if it still does.
And since making (settings and image) backups is so easy, and can even be automated, why would you want to go the dangerous way?
 
And since making (settings and image) backups is so easy, and can even be automated, why would you want to go the dangerous way?


personally i agree there should be no need for multibooting STB's any longer but some people still insist on using meoboot for example. each to their own i suppose.
 
Hi all

I have a question about softcams autostart.

I'm testing OScam as server and CCcam as client on the same box and that works OK if I start OScam first and CCcam as second.
If the starting order is reversed this combination doesn't work anymore.

Is there an option to select which softcam starts first after a reset or a power-up ??

Maybe I can put a kind of start-up script somewhere ??

Thanks in advance for the advice, Tom
 
Build 502 gave me audible noise, almost as listening to an old LP, or the sensation of a bad connection somewhere. Returning to a backup (490) removed the problem.
 
Build 502 gave me audible noise, almost as listening to an old LP, or the sensation of a bad connection somewhere. Returning to a backup (490) removed the problem.
What channel? What connection? AC3 or mpeg? Downmix on? Box-volume full up?
 
Hi,
Is there an option to select which softcam starts first after a reset or a power-up ??
the softcams are started in the order you define in the softcam manager. So deselect all autostart check marks and then select oscam first and then cccam. I use this combination since the start of ViX 3.x

ciao
 
Hi,

the softcams are started in the order you define in the softcam manager. So deselect all autostart check marks and then select oscam first and then cccam. I use this combination since the start of ViX 3.x

ciao

Thanks for your answer. :thumbsup:

I thought I did that the first time but after a reboot it reversed the order.

If I get it right you mean that the order of auto-start check marks settings is
the order of auto-start after rebooting and not the order of starting itself.

I will give it a try, thanks !!
 
Please,
move PowerTimer back to Power menu (long press).

It's really unconfortable to have it among general Timers menu.
 
Please,
move PowerTimer back to Power menu (long press).
It's really unconfortable to have it among general Timers menu.
That is not going to happen, as this way the power-management is much more flexible.

But please tell us what is uncomfortable about it?
 
Thx Phoenix and Rob for replying

To me it makes more sense to have the power timer among the other power commands.
Further , I say it's uncpnfortable because if you want to set a timer for standby you have to do one more step:
Menu>timers>power timer
Instead of
Longpress power>power timer

You may say it's just a step but let's think in therms of ergonomy: such command may better lay in the power menu.
Second, one would use a timed power standby/shutdown when whatching at night, Maybe in the bedroom.
Obviously, it is not an essential point to me. Just a suggestion.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top