Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] New ViX Team VU+ Duo OE3.0 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just have a question?
I am still running VIX v2.2 , can someone tell me why should I upgrade to newer version like VIX v2.3 ,2.4 or this new version v3.0? What am I missing from not upgrading?
 
I just have a question?
I am still running VIX v2.2 , can someone tell me why should I upgrade to newer version like VIX v2.3 ,2.4 or this new version v3.0? What am I missing from not upgrading?
You'll miss all kinds of upgrades and compatibility issues. And we can't give any support on old versions (as the support is a new build).
Question is the same as would be what Windows 7 offers more than Windows XP.
Difficult to answer, but if you're happy: please stay happy :)
 
Anyone else experiencing problems with crossepg with this new version 3.0?

So far in the last week my duo+ has at least 4 times lost the epg info, then when i press to go into the channel from the epg it locks up with the Vix symbol spinning. Only way to stop is to turn off box and then restart. I then have to reload crossepg via blue button?
No crash log recorded.
Im running the Magic HD night skin
 
A great image and upgrade went without any issues, many thanks to all involved. I have a small issue which I have not been able to resolve. I have not been able to send my settings via Dreamset, I can read without any problem but when I send it gives an error. I have got round the problem by downloading directly, but do miss my customised settings.
 
I am happy to say that I have installed new version of VIX 3.0 from v2.2 and everything works fine but noticed that the setup menu and the chanells list are been shift little to the left ( you cannot see the first 2 characters). I would appreciate any tip what to do to fix it.
 
If you can, turn overscan off on your TV.
Other than that, go to Menu - Setup - System - OSD - OSD Position Setup & fix it there.
 
First off all this is a great image .

Wish you would make this for the dm800se.

I'm having troubles with my USB card reader smargo do I need to install any drivers for it?

This is the config that is in my .cfg file. This worked for the previous image.

SERIAL READER : /dev/ttyUSB0

Is there any thing I'm missing .
 
Can you log in and FTP and telnet to the box?

I can connect to dreamset and read my settings, the problem is only when I try to send it back. FTP is OK as I have updated my cfg file without issue. Have gone back to the previous image all OK there, so very strange.
 
Last edited:
First off all this is a great image .

Wish you would make this for the dm800se.

The only thing stopping us is the lack of suitable test machines and due to their retail values there is no way we could afford to buy several of each model for testing a image on. so without DMM stepping up to provide test machines there will likely be no ViX images produced or released.
 
No problem conecting, I can logon and download my settings, but if I try to send them back I get an error. Have tried it on 2 computers same problem. Have gone back to the previous image all OK, so very strange.
And you can FTP a file to the root of your box?
 
FTP my CFG file without issue, no problem there.

What rob is asking in a roundabout way is did you restore a settings backup to ViX 3.0 which was made from a earlier image version ?.
 
What rob is asking in a roundabout way is did you restore a settings backup to ViX 3.0 which was made from a earlier image version ?.

I think Rob is with me on this problem, he is trying to find out if I can connect to my box with the new image via FTP, which I can. This was a fresh install and no backups were used.
 
I think Rob is with me on this problem, he is trying to find out if I can connect to my box with the new image via FTP, which I can. This was a fresh install and no backups were used.

The reason were asking about FTP problems is that users who have ignored the advice in the release posts to not restore backups are now finding their FTP protocol broken as a result. now we know your's is not that problem we can rule that out.
 
I have a problem i cant connect to ftp the ftp i running in netwok settings i get this error. FTP1: < 500 OOPS: cannot locate user entry:vsftpd

just flashed mine and i get the same error in flashXP =
500 OOPS: cannot locate user entry:vsftpd
500 OOPS: child died
connection failed

anyone help please
 
just flashed mine and i get the same error in flashXP =
500 OOPS: cannot locate user entry:vsftpd
500 OOPS: child died
connection failed

anyone help please

Did you read the release notes in the first post of this thread?
The bit in big letters?
 
just flashed mine and i get the same error in flashXP =
500 OOPS: cannot locate user entry:vsftpd
500 OOPS: child died
connection failed

anyone help please

Thats because you like many others ignored the warnings we placed in the release post saying DO NOT RESTORE SETTINGS FROM A EARLIER IMAGE. as a result you have broken the FTP protocol on your receiver and the only fix is to reflash the receiver again but this time do not restore from a backup.
 
Thats because you like many others ignored the warnings we placed in the release post saying DO NOT RESTORE SETTINGS FROM A EARLIER IMAGE. as a result you have broken the FTP protocol on your receiver and the only fix is to reflash the receiver again but this time do not restore from a backup.
Or do it again to prove it's indeed because of a restore :rolleyes:
 
Aahhhhhh......... Another lock up.
Im sorry guys but this version is definately not stable.
I think ill go back to previous version where all worked perfectly.


Anyone else experiencing problems with crossepg with this new version 3.0?

So far in the last week my duo+ has at least 4 times lost the epg info, then when i press to go into the channel from the epg it locks up with the Vix symbol spinning. Only way to stop is to turn off box and then restart. I then have to reload crossepg via blue button?
No crash log recorded.
Im running the Magic HD night skin
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top