Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] New ViX Team VU+ Duo OE3.0 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 18819View attachment 18820

Im not having a go at anybody. just pure frustration, if anyone can help thats great

The thing is, we are more than happy that your submitting a potential bug to us but as none of us have been able to replicate your problem we need to to help us.

we need as much detail as possible about your setup, including every plugin you have loaded to the box whether there from the feeds or another source. we need to know where you store your picons and EPG data and most importantly we need debug logs from the time of the potential bug. without this information there is very little we can do other than guess at the problem which helps no one.
 
any hoo i now see that your sorted which is great for you. but in the future please remember that were not mind readers and we really do need people to give us as much information as possible when asking for help. That way we can get to work rite away helping you, otherwise we just end up going round in circles and every one ends up getting frustrated and a little narked.
 
I know your defending the product... but all im saying is what im seeing. If its a setup issue great but im running exactly as vix 2,4 that did not have a problem. Any help appreciated
No I'm not defending anything: I just stated that walking away from a problem doesn't solve it.

And you still never supplied any debuglogs; that could have been a great help.

Rob
Just to let you know I have resolved my problem, started from scratch and did another fresh install and all OK now.
Thanks for trying help.
Cheers, go to see all is well now.

Gents, Thankyou very very much have deleted epg.dat and rescanned now loads crossepg again.
Brilliant team and help forum.
You see there no reason to revert to an old image?
And indeed: many problems are related to corrupt EPG-data.
Good to see the problem is solved!

any hoo i now see that your sorted which is great for you. but in the future please remember that were not mind readers and we really do need people to give us as much information as possible when asking for help. That way we can get to work rite away helping you, otherwise we just end up going round in circles and every one ends up getting frustrated and a little narked.
Exactly: information (image-version, skin, procedure to reproduce, debug&crashlogs) is essential.
 
Hi all. I've upgraded to the new image and did have difficulties. After some digging I found the issue.
There was an epg.dat created in /etc/enigma2 - even though I had not configured crossepg to use internal flash, I always use USB for that. Once I had telnet'd in and shut down e2 and removed the offending dat file all was ok.

So my tips are:
1 - Do NOT restore any backups - you must configure all settings from scratch.
2 - Check there are no epg.dat files lying around anywhere, if so delete them all before setting up crossepg

So far so good. I notice that the Magic HD skin has changed a bit, text is a bit larger and the info screen showing the current channel looks cleaner.

Good job guys keep up the good work!!
 
So my tips are:
1 - Do NOT restore any backups - you must configure all settings from scratch.
2 - Check there are no epg.dat files lying around anywhere, if so delete them all before setting up crossepg
ad 1: That's not a tip; that's obligatory, as we stated in the release post;
ad 2: That's a common issue for all images, irrespective of the EPG-source used.
 
great image just loaded it works ok thanks guys great work
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hiya folks.
Just wondering which build(if any) of Project Valerie works properly with this build?
I have tried r1260 and r1263 so far and while it installs and runs fine.
On viewing episodic content at the end of the episode, where the stop/play next/exit popup should appear, PVMC is crashing VIX to the black(green) screen but it is not writing a crash log to either /home/root or /media/HDD.
I will try recreate the issue when I get home with debug log set to high in Valerie and add that log this evening.
But in the meantime, I'm just wondering if anyone has encountered similar problems?
 
Thanks team 3.0 is best and for me the fastest image around. I had issues with 2.4 in that it would every 3-4 days freeze my box and a reflash would be required (3 days now and no freezes yet).
Especially now with the integrated Cross/Graphical EPG for me this image is as complete as you could get for a basic user.
A big thanks for your hard work and dedication to the Vix team.
 
Hiya folks.
Just wondering which build(if any) of Project Valerie works properly with this build?
I have tried r1260 and r1263 so far and while it installs and runs fine.
On viewing episodic content at the end of the episode, where the stop/play next/exit popup should appear, PVMC is crashing VIX to the black(green) screen but it is not writing a crash log to either /home/root or /media/HDD.
I will try recreate the issue when I get home with debug log set to high in Valerie and add that log this evening. But in the meantime, I'm just wondering if anyone has encountered similar problems?

Mine crashes at the end of every movie/episode, although it does create a crash log (which have been sent in). I'm using the latest stable version of valerie and vix 3.0, and have noticed that it no longer says the option 'yes, and play next episode' when i press stop. I've gone back to 2.4 for the meantime as I am a big user of 'Project Valerie' and both 2.4 and itself work perfectly for me with 'not one single' crash. I'll be back on 3 as soon as it is sorted though :thumbsup:
 
Mine crashes at the end of every movie/episode, although it does create a crash log (which have been sent in). I'm using the latest stable version of valerie and vix 3.0, and have noticed that it no longer says the option 'yes, and play next episode' when i press stop. I've gone back to 2.4 for the meantime as I am a big user of 'Project Valerie' and both 2.4 and itself work perfectly for me with 'not one single' crash. I'll be back on 3 as soon as it is sorted though :thumbsup:
I've just gone through your crashreport, and it's defo a PV problem. Apparently it isn't compatible with ViX3 (and hence probably also not with PLi 3). Best inform PV and sent them the crashlog.
There's nothing we can do about it: they will need all the info.
 
Then contact PV and ask them to fix it.

Here we go again.....I did not blame the image, i only answered another forum members question as to whether or not anyone was having the same problems. I also never stated which should be fixed (the image or the plugin), I merely stated that until the issue was resolved I would be staying on 2.4. So before you start telling me what to do please read what I said. Also in future please do not tell me what to do as I found your comment offensive.
 
Here we go again.....I did not blame the image, i only answered another forum members question as to whether or not anyone was having the same problems. I also never stated which should be fixed (the image or the plugin), I merely stated that until the issue was resolved I would be staying on 2.4. So before you start telling me what to do please read what I said. Also in future please do not tell me what to do as I found your comment offensive.


Climb down from your high horse before you fall and hurt your self.

I never once even suggested that you were critiquing the ViX image, i simply said contact PV for a fix as it's their plugin not ours.
 
Here we go again.....I did not blame the image, i only answered another forum members question as to whether or not anyone was having the same problems. I also never stated which should be fixed (the image or the plugin), I merely stated that until the issue was resolved I would be staying on 2.4. So before you start telling me what to do please read what I said. Also in future please do not tell me what to do as I found your comment offensive.
And this response of yours is very friendly :confused:
If you react like this, please go and do something you do like.
 
Mine crashes at the end of every movie/episode, although it does create a crash log (which have been sent in). I'm using the latest stable version of valerie and vix 3.0, and have noticed that it no longer says the option 'yes, and play next episode' when i press stop. I've gone back to 2.4 for the meantime as I am a big user of 'Project Valerie' and both 2.4 and itself work perfectly for me with 'not one single' crash. I'll be back on 3 as soon as it is sorted though :thumbsup:

Well it's nice to know I'm not the only one with the issue. I've tried r1239, 1260 and r1263 all with the same result.
That coupled with the fact that PVMC is not in the current feeds along with Rob's helpful remark on your own submitted crashlog confirm my own thinking that it was a plugin compatibility issue alright.

I'll recreate the issue this evening with PV debug log set to highnand submit the PV log and the VIX crash log to Erik and the guys over at PVMC and hopefully they can recompile for VIX3.o/OpenPLI3.0.
I'll drop a post here when I hear anything back.
 
Vix is quite simply the best ever.just when you think it can't get better they do lol.
Thanks guys it's very much appreciated
 
Does anyone else use a usb card reader mine is showing this in cccam info

card reader /dev/ttyUSB0
no or unknown card inserted


I'm having troubles with my USB card reader smargo do I need to install any drivers for it?

This is the config that is in my .cfg file. This worked for the previous image.

SERIAL READER : /dev/ttyUSB0

Is there any thing I'm missing .[/QUOTE]
 
I use the smartgo reader as well,.....your line looks correct, is the reader setup for db mode?

also best to start a new thread
 
Does anyone else have a problem with as soon as they open the EPG and press right (>), two events are selected?

I think somethings wrong with my EPG. A fresh flash doesn't seem to get rid of whatever the problem is though.
 
As their are quite a few ways to open EPG..

Are you pressing the epg button.. Then pressing right arrow. ?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top