Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Ultimo] New ViX Team VU+ Ultimo OE3.0 Release Discussion

cheers Rob the weird bit was the fact that when I viewed and reviewed the changes there was nothing in the review screen !! usually you get all the text telling you what has been done and also the new revision that you will be on ?
Indeed, most of the times that will be the case. But in this case non of the ViX-packages was to be updated, so no changes showed up at all. I take it you're using the Ocram-picons? They have their own feed, independent of the ViX-feeds, and we have no control over the information that's (not) being provided.
 
I dont think im on Ocram picons ? anyhow all back to working correctly now thats the main thing :D cheers Rob.
 
Does anyone know how i can overcome my communication problem when i try to connect to my VU ultimo over my network using VU+ control centre i get a message saying" Access violation at address 0053b14E in module VUCC.exe. " This only happens on vix 3 as if i switch back to 2.4 the problem stops happening. I have also tried typing in the FTP address in the address bar but am still not able to talk to my VU when running the version 3 image.
 
Does anyone know how i can overcome my communication problem when i try to connect to my VU ultimo over my network using VU+ control centre i get a message saying" Access violation at address 0053b14E in module VUCC.exe. " This only happens on vix 3 as if i switch back to 2.4 the problem stops happening. I have also tried typing in the FTP address in the address bar but am still not able to talk to my VU when running the version 3 image.

Did you restore a 2.4 back-up on the 3.x build?
 
Does anyone know how i can overcome my communication problem when i try to connect to my VU ultimo over my network using VU+ control centre i get a message saying" Access violation at address 0053b14E in module VUCC.exe. " This only happens on vix 3 as if i switch back to 2.4 the problem stops happening. I have also tried typing in the FTP address in the address bar but am still not able to talk to my VU when running the version 3 image.
That's a bug in VUCC. Restart it and try again.
 
Hi
I did a fresh install of the image via a USB stick on a restart which o have now done a couple of times and every time i run 3 i have the problem. Every time i go back to 2.4 or 2.2 it works fine
 
That's a bug in VUCC. Restart it and try again.

No Joy with VUCC or even using the windows 7 address bar and entering the FTP address as it asks me for a user name which i enter root and leave the password blank but it will not connect/
 
No Joy with VUCC or even using the windows 7 address bar and entering the FTP address as it asks me for a user name which i enter root and leave the password blank but it will not connect/

What are you actually trying to do?
Does a normal ftp client log into the box ok?
 
I was try on view the file structure in my VU ultimo and backup some of the programs i had recorded to a spare hard drive. The only way i am able to do this is to swap the image back to 2.4. I have tried Fiezilla and the windows 7 address bar typing FTP://192. etc as well as VUCC but no joy with any version of the 3 image. I have also tried different PC and a spare router. At this point i can think of anything else
The VU is working fine but for this problem

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/images/smilies/confused1.gif
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I was try on view the file structure in my VU ultimo and backup some of the programs i had recorded to a spare hard drive. The only way i am able to do this is to swap the image back to 2.4. I have tried Fiezilla and the windows 7 address bar typing FTP://192. etc as well as VUCC but no joy with any version of the 3 image. I have also tried different PC and a spare router. At this point i can think of anything else
The VU is working fine but for this problem
There are definitely no problems in this area. Only things I can think of, are NFS and Samba installed (although I see no direct liaison with FTP).
VUCC is not recommended.
What if you let the box transfer the files by itself (via movie-list --> copy to)?
 
Hi, i have this image....and i really love IT.
Bit i have a big problem. I Cant mount my folder in qnap nas in NFS or cifs, for play my movie collection. I do everyting passage for mount my nas, but nothing work. With others image everything work Good . Can you resolve this issue, hi really love this image and i don't want change.
Another tinghs, si possible remove a quickepg panel when i push le ft and right botton? I would like just know what they do in another channel but without a second panel up for quikepg. Like sky box do.
Tanks.
Sorry for my english.
 
Shur..... yes i have.! Another thing is : if i try to remove some mount NFS , a windows popup tell me removing mount for long time but nothing appen and i have to reboot manually the decoder.
 
There is, and always has been, a problem in the area of removing a non-existing mount, with the result you described. We are (still and again) working on that.
 
Rob, Can you implement in the next release a choise for quickepg. For remove or not the quickepg panel up the bar channel when you press left e right botton on remote control ?
 
Rob, Can you implement in the next release a choise for quickepg. For remove or not the quickepg panel up the bar channel when you press left e right botton on remote control ?

already is in button setup, you can configure it to only show on LONG OK, and thus leaving LEFT/RIGHT to change channel like original Enigma2
 
Hi Guys I have just updated to 381 and found a problem. I take a feed from my Vu+ box to an RF Modulator and then amplify that signal round my house. With 381 I receive the audio in my study but no picture. It is not my system as Digital TV works fine and when I go back to 373 I have no problem. Has anyone seen the same issue? Rgds Frankblueking
 
I'm having problems with VIX 3.0 v404 on the Ultimo. The old style media player has gone, in the plugin download screen it says not all plugins are available, extensions/infobarview can't be found. Although I do remember reading something about support for it finishing as the image has a media player (I can't find where I read that now).

But I did like the playlist & shuffle options of the other as I have 500+ short (2-3min) music clips. Not seeing the infobar every 2-3 mins was nice as well. Oh well, these thing happen....

The other issue is with the normal built in media player, I can't play any of my HD mp4 files now. Unless I've misunderstood something :confused:
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top