Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Ultimo] New ViX Team VU+ Ultimo OE3.0 Release Discussion

Apologies if this is discussed elsewhere.

Programmes displaying in 544x576i25 do not fill the screen (black bands top and bottom).

Is this correct or do I need to change a setting?

This seems general as my son has same on his DM800.

TIA
 
certain programs such as early episodes of the Simpsons are displayed in this way when re-broadcast on HD channels, there is nothing you can do about it as the black bars are hard coded into the program it self.
 
hi
i bought VU+ ULTIMO and flash latest VIX but epg is broken (slovak country) it seems like broken utf-8 (Jak se daĎrÂi pĘuvodnÂimu muzikÂalu na hudebnÂi scÂenĎe MĎestskÂeho divadla Brno. ReĎzie J. DadÂak.) is there any way to fix this ?
probably diferent encoding per channel/multiplex/transponder
 
hi
i bought VU+ ULTIMO and flash latest VIX but epg is broken (slovak country) it seems like broken utf-8 (Jak se daĎrÂi pĘuvodnÂimu muzikÂalu na hudebnÂi scÂenĎe MĎestskÂeho divadla Brno. ReĎzie J. DadÂak.) is there any way to fix this ?
probably diferent encoding per channel/multiplex/transponder
Can you name a number of channels having this problem (preferably FTA)?
 
Is this a really daft/stupid question!... A mate has just brought a twin tuner vu+ ultimo box and loaded the latest vix image, regardless of tuner a or tuner b he can't change the longitude or latitude figures (remote wont change anything) under tuner config/simple/positioner to his correct coordinates... East/west/north/south etc can all be changed but the long/lat can't!

Is it because the image detects there is a fault with the motor/LNB or should he be able to enter the figures regardless? Many thanks
 
Is it because the image detects there is a fault with the motor/LNB or should he be able to enter the figures regardless?
I can't explain nor reproduce this problem.
Anyway: no motor has any feedback that the box could read. So you can make settings as you like, without any LNB physically connected at all.
 
Hi,
turn the RC and try using number from the keyboard there or go to setup system RC code and change text input to yes.

ciao
 
Thank you both, I'll try tonight... The box came with two remotes for the ultimo (keyboard & standard type) neither worked... I'll try the setup system Rc code tonight! Thanks again... If not ill try and reload another image.
 
Error installing new drivers 25/01/2013.

Configuring vuplus-dvb-modules-vuultimo-3.1.1-4.4.3-20130125.
Collected errors:
-parse_from_stream_nomalloc: Missing new line character at end of file!
-parse_from_stream_nomalloc: Missing new line character at end of file!

OpenVIX 3.0 Build 574
 
Error installing new drivers 25/01/2013.

Configuring vuplus-dvb-modules-vuultimo-3.1.1-4.4.3-20130125.
Collected errors:
-parse_from_stream_nomalloc: Missing new line character at end of file!
-parse_from_stream_nomalloc: Missing new line character at end of file!

OpenVIX 3.0 Build 574
How did you install the drivers? You should just copy them to /lib/modules/3.3.6-1.2/extra (overwriting the old drivers).
 
well, I've installed automatically the drivers with the plugins (TRRPlugin). And it gives me this mistake
 
Well I updated to 584 and has a fault. When restarting after update stays in the logo ((((o)))). If you unplug and turn on the power works well.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Guy `s

I have just received my Ultimo today in the post :) and have decided to go with the Vix image purley on its stability of the EPG.
I would like some Advice please.
Which image build should I use for a 1st time instal ? there seems lots of builds so need to get this right for the missus
I suspect the stable image from the 1st post in this thread , but need clarification. will I also need to update anything for the EPG to function similar to S*y or has this function been added to this Build.

Thank you Guy`s for your help and advice.

Best Regards

polosolo
 
Hello Guy `s

I have just received my Ultimo today in the post :) and have decided to go with the Vix image purley on its stability of the EPG.
I would like some Advice please.
Which image build should I use for a 1st time instal ? there seems lots of builds so need to get this right for the missus
I suspect the stable image from the 1st post in this thread , but need clarification. will I also need to update anything for the EPG to function similar to S*y or has this function been added to this Build.

Thank you Guy`s for your help and advice.

Best Regards

polosolo
Grab the latest build available on http://openvix.co.uk
Once set-up, you will need to add your EPG sources. Menu -> Setup -> System -> EPG -> CrossEPG
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top