Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Ultimo] New ViX Team VU+ Ultimo OE3.0 Release Discussion

Hi

V3.0
B574
Skin Magic-HD

I have noticed, since several recent builds, that channel changing is becoming increasingly slower.

Sometimes, the VIX timer hangs top-left for up to 10 seconds other times it is reasonably instant.

Any advice?

Best
 
As stated by Stanman, If you have your picons stored on the HD and you have the box set to sleep (or power down) the HD after a set time you will get the spinning vix symbol while the box spins up the drive ! to get around this set the HD option in set-up to NEVER sleep, or put you picons onto a USB stick.
 
Thank you both for the suggestions.

However, the hdd is set to never sleep and picons are not on hdd, either.

Perhaps a new full-install will resolve.

Best
 
Last edited:
Looking forward to next release, latest one not as stable as past versions. Still the best thought
 
Looking forward to next release, latest one not as stable as past versions. Still the best thought

Please elaborate a little and which exact build are you talking about ??.
 
Sorry for my delay in replaying, please don't take my post the wrong way, I think what you have achieved completely nonsenses any other images available for linux boxes. To be fair I am an amateur and I may be causing the few niggles i have myself? Here are my recent issues experienced with the image

-the box crashes when pressing the record button on the EPG page

-I can't access the VIX servers for downloads and updates

-the playback of avi's, divx etc are impossible to play when uploaded to the box (I don't think this has ever been solved in any of the builds, but it would be brilliant feature if you could get it working)

I hope this is somehow constructive and in no way offensive :) thanks for your time and well done on this wonderful project :thumbsup:
 
-the box crashes when pressing the record button on the EPG page

What exact image build as i have 6 receivers including a Ultimo and none have this behavior with the 600+ Builds.
also what skin are you using as this could have a bearing on the problem


-I can't access the VIX servers for downloads and updates

same as above what exact build are you on ?.


-the playback of avi's, divx etc are impossible to play when uploaded to the box (I don't think this has ever been solved in any of the builds, but it would be brilliant feature if you could get it working)

This is nothing to do with the image, Media playback is handled via hardware as these boxes do not use software codecs, so any file you "found on the internet" must be re-coded or coded correctly in the first place to work properly.
 
Just updated to build 623 unable to find how to turn on VFD picons in the menu (was in menu/system/setup/display before the update)
 
Can I reflash my brand new Vu+Ultimo with the latest VIX Ultimo 3 through USB when starting it first time?
 
Hi,
yes you can but I would check the box before. Not that this nice box is DOA.

ciao
 
He means check the box powers on detects sats before flashing with a third party image.
 
Hi I'm not sure if I'm in right section i need some help on how to get a good epg. For sky channels and one for a motorised disc which covers from Turksat to hispasat so I hope someone can point me in the right direction I have a triple input ultimo which has vix 3.0 on it
Thanks:confused::)
:confused:
 
How can I reflash my new Vu+Ultimo with VixUltimo? It has OpenPli installed and USB-reflashing doesn't start with powered boot. The panel says Update files available, push - button. Any button? Only OpenPli starts again.
Then I noticed that DVB T cannot scan terrestial HD channels. Is that true?
 
Hi,
push "-" (channel down) Button. Take a look at the buttons and you will recognize which button is meant:-)

ciao
 
Hi,
push "-" (channel down) Button. Take a look at the buttons and you will recognize which button is meant:-)

ciao

Tried that already, no results. There's "-" also in volume button. Any more suggestions?
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top