Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Ultimo] New ViX Team VU+ Ultimo OE3.0 Release Discussion

Sorry but still confused, in ViX there is no auto update image.
And still not sure if you have the box working or not?
 
I turned the box off first (followed the advanced pdf instructions).

then it went wrong, now its worked and double checked in the system settings that I'm running the upto date image.

Underpants are still clean too...

so i'm presuming you followed this tutorial then ?? and you now have a fully updated working system ??.
 
Since the latest updates the auto choosing of languages doesn't work good anymore.. Italian stays Italian but it should go to undetermined as I installed in the setup menu.
 
i have 668 image in my Ultimo yesterday i was record (indefinitely)
after i was stop recording
today show me in vfd screen and in skin record continue
but not trecord because i'm not see recorded file in my hdd!!!!
who i can stop this message ?

thanks in advance
 
sorry but the new builds has not been good lately ... not been able to play avi files or divx files off a usb stick since version 2.4 !
just get vix screen of death that wipes my epg...oh that I have to download again because it will not reload off my hdd .
I will never go bck to vix unless these problems are fixed ( this is just 2 of many )
 
sorry but the new builds has not been good lately ... not been able to play avi files or divx files off a usb stick since version 2.4 !
Then there is something very wrong with your box/setup/files.
I hope you have asked for help? Especially as you seem to be the only one having lots of problems.
 
sorry to say but sounds like user error...
'vix screen of death' = crash logs, please upload some of the latest ones so someone might be able to help.
 
yeah I had other problems like updating flash from usb , it would just skip right past it as if the pen drive was not even plugged in ... never had these problems before , just seems the latest builds are really buggy
ive switched to blackhole , not half as pretty , but everything works as it should lol
 
I personally disagree, my Ultimo is used as my main family receiver and believe me if they had any issues id be getting it in the neck, as it stands I have only once or twice in the past year or more had a call at work to say something has gone wrong with the box and that's usually as a result of a power cut, barring this my ultimo is exceptionally stable and is used pretty much from 07:00 to 23:00 every day of the week always on the latest ViX build available.
 
yeah I had other problems like updating flash from usb , it would just skip right past it as if the pen drive was not even plugged in ...
So that just proves that it is indeed you who does something wrong. This of course has nothing to do with the image.

I'm very sorry to see that you're now sneering on ViX about issues no-one else has and without any serious attempt to get help with your problems.

In itself it is very good to make excursions to other images: that's the only way to really see what the differences are and which image you like best. And I have no problem at all with people making another choice then I do.
But don't tell us that there are serious problems with ViX, as that is simply not true.
Proof of that is of course that you're very much alone in this 'complaint'.

Of course: it does happen that a bug becomes apparent in ViX. But we usually sort that in the shortest possible time.

To elaborate on that: don't forget that BH (and VTi for that matter) live a very simple life: they use the very much outdated VU[SUP]+[/SUP]-image and just put some optical glitter around it (it is outdated as VU[SUP]+[/SUP] forked Dream's Enigma2 years ago and never ever innovated the slightest from there; so it bears some similarities with using Windows 95 while Windows 8 is there). To disguise that, they are even closed source, violating the license of the code they use in the worst possible way ......
ViX on the contrary is based on PLi, who forked Enigma years ago and went through their own evolution (that's why you can hardly compare the two streams anymore). On top of that ViX (and the other OE-alliance members) have done their own evolution.
 
Hi,
yeah I had other problems like updating flash from usb , it would just skip right past it as if the pen drive was not even plugged in ... never had these problems before , just seems the latest builds are really buggy
ive switched to blackhole , not half as pretty , but everything works as it should lol
flashing from stick is nothing ViX specific so there must be other problems with your stick. Flashing is done by the bootloader and this is made by VU+.

ciao
 
ive not even posted it in the correct thread either lol , its uno I have . sorry bout that .
and I am certainly not "alone" in the complaint where avi does not play from usb drives on the later images .
Because apparently if you do a clean install of vix 3.688 it supposedly cleans that bug up ... but I couldn't get it to flash from my usual pendrive ( it skipped right past the option at boot )
I ended up telnetting a completely different image on there.
Flame me all you want , I am just explaining my latest findings using vix .
 
Last edited by a moderator:
No one is flaming you but you cant very well blame us for your USB stick not flashing a image,as pointed out that is handled by the bootloader and we have no control over that, so try another stick.
 
ok I tried a different stick and managed to go back to vix 3 build 688 ..
films on usb avi and divx play perfect ... as soon as I update the software , boom , they do not play again .
 
If i recall correctly between builds 682 and 689 there were a few updates for gstreamer and it's likely your issue could be a result of these but without any form of logs there is really very little we can do about it. I dont play many external files but I have watched a few AVI's i made my self about 18 months ago from dvd's i own and they all worked perfectly as did a dvd.iso rip i watched last week.
 
ok I tried a different stick and managed to go back to vix 3 build 688 ..
films on usb avi and divx play perfect ... as soon as I update the software , boom , they do not play again .
This is not a common problem.
Please make a settings backup, flash your box with build 715 and use restore during the First Install Wizard.
You'll be up & running in a couple of minutes.

If you then still have those problems, do the same, but without restoring any plugins.

If you then still have those problems, do the same, but without any restoring.

This is the only way to be sure you don't inherit problems from a previous install.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top