Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Newbie and VU+ Duo to Second TV

  • Thread starter Thread starter haigh.greg
  • Start date Start date
H

haigh.greg

Guest
Hi all

Please go easy on me as this is my first post here. Last Thursday my Duo+ arrived from the sponsor and within 2.5 hours I was up and running, thanks to the guide on this forum.

Over the weekend I was playing with some of the streaming features with some limited success. I can stream to a PC using WebIf and this works fine to all my PCs, I can also connect using Dreambox live from iPhones and iPads. However where I am failing miserably is getting a stream to another TV in another room.

The kids all have Toshiba smart TVs that support DLNA but I can't get live TV to the TVs direct, despite enabling DLNA on the Duo+. Can anyone point me in the direction of some assistance.
My other option was to use a Raspberry PI running XBMC and this has limited success, I can see the Channel Lists, but as soon as I select a channel then I recieve an error "Unable to retrieve video URL". This is the same on a PC running XBMC, again any help greatly appreciated.

One last thought I had was to stream to an xbox 360, has anyone had any luck with this? Again any pointers?

Finally, all of the above failing then I believe I could purchase a second Enigma2 box for the other rooms and stream over my LAN from one box to another. Can anyone recommend a cheap HDMI box for doing this?

Many thanks
Greg
 
Hi,
I had XBMC-PVR running at home for several weeks and it worked quite well. PVR edition is quite important because there is a special VU+ plugin included. On the non PVR edition you can only stream without EPG and other features. You need quite a new version because I think it was added to the nightlies 6 month ago.

I never used DLNA/uPnP for live TV but I read that it is possible with some TV sets using MediaTomb as server on the box. Perhaps you find some information when searching for MediaTomb and Eingma2.

ciao
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top