Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo2] NFS Mounts - share name issue

  • Thread starter Thread starter Snookiwooki
  • Start date Start date
are they showing in About screen ?

Not sure under which menu item you are referring to (under information I couldn't see an about which showed mount details) for me to check..

cheers
-Steve
 
Menu -> Information -> Devices, what's showing up there under Network servers?
 
Menu -> Information -> Devices, what's showing up there under Network servers?

Morning,

Ah, many thanks had looked at that, was looking for an actual a Mounts About screen :eek: ....

-------------------------
Network Servers:

none

-------------------------
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Morning,

Ah, many thanks had looked at that, was looking for an actual a Mounts About screen :eek: ....

-------------------------
Network Servers:

none

-------------------------


could i possibly login to your box, remotely ?


connect me on Skype, 'andyblac'
 
Found a work around... and maybe a bug...

Cheers Andy... but first I shall share my latest findings...

Having trashed my setup and re-flashed the box with 733 then configured it back I found something interesting

1) Using Network browser - select a share from the NAS (NAS01) ie TV - which has been permissioned with the IP of the DUO2

2) Local Share name is by default NAS01

3) Change Local Share name to TV

4) Apply

Check Mounts - nothing...

Start again, skip step 3 Local share name and leave it as NAS01

Check Mounts - Visible and under Yellow as NAS01

Go back and edit the local share name for the existing NAS01, change name to TV - now this share is added as the original NAS01 local share is still there.


Have now tried this 5 times and each time the work around works... and can stream from each I have setup.


Hope this makes sense.


cheers
-Steve
 
I tried you advice to mount my NAS smb share and it worked. I used the default sharename: "sharename" and changed it afterwards in the mount manager. Problem is that no I got two network mounts "sharename" and "NAS_Videos". The both connects me to same location of course. The mount manager only shows "NAS_videos" as a sharename.
 
perkins,

Yes I had the same issue, I FTP'd off the automounts.xml and fstab and neither have a mention of the duplicate original share name which was odd. So I added a couple of futher NFS shares manually to the files using the format already in use. FTP'd them back to the box restarted E2 and all good.

On updating to 734 and the box rebooted the duplicate share name has disappeared now with only the shares I created and wanted :D.

Maybe worth trying a full reboot to see if it disappears from "yellow"

The same issue is evident with the NFS shares in 734 and still requires the work around to name correctly...

-Steve
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top