Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] NFS Playback Problem with Chase Play

Yes I have a USB in the client box I could test that, but I'm not clear what the test would prove?

You can see the time elapsed/remaining duration is constantly being updated by the client so as mentioned it is probably giving the NFS client some issues.

I've actually managed to stop this being updated every 3 seconds by using the NFS mount parameter actimeo=90, which allows it to update every 90 seconds. However the NFS playback issue remains the same.

I have access to a friends Duo today, so I will update that and run some more tests. This should then prove that the DM800 is the issue and I can justify switching that to an XP1000.
 
Using 2 Duo boxes with NFS the chase play scenario works flawlessly.

So it seems the DM800HD is not man enough for this type of playback.

Thanks for all your input
 
Using 2 Duo boxes with NFS the chase play scenario works flawlessly.

So it seems the DM800HD is not man enough for this type of playback.

Thanks for all your input

or the image, unfortunately i do not have any DMM boxes so i can;t build images for them. sorry.
 
I have tried multiple images on that box too. I am currently using an OpenPii image with the 2.6.18 kernal.
When testing I can see rpciod/0 taking up 10-20% cpu but I didn't think that was too high, it obviously is.
Where as the Duo's CPU looks hardly touched during NFS "chase play" playback.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top