Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] NFS Server not starting properly

pacha2

New member
Joined
May 3, 2012
Messages
65
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
UK
I've just received my brand new Solo2 from the Forum sponsor, seems like a great piece of kit.

To replace my previous setup I installed NFS from the Setup menu. No errors occurred so I assumed it was working. I didn't change any setting /etc/exports is vanilla.
However none of my machines Mac/Dreambox/Duo can connect to it. So I think perhaps there's something configured incorrectly on the Solo2

So I checked the Solo2 and tried to restart NFS from the menu, and nothing happens. It just stays stopped.
I then tried it via the console use the commands below and it's not happy either.

Code:
root@vusolo2:~# /etc/init.d/nfsserver stop
stopping statd: done
stopping mountd: done
stopping nfsd: done
root@vusolo2:~# /etc/init.d/nfsserver start
creating NFS state directory: done
starting 8 nfsd kernel threads: rpc.nfsd: writing fd to kernel failed: errno 146 (Connection refused)
rpc.nfsd: unable to set any sockets for nfsd
done
starting mountd: Cannot register service: RPC: Unable to receive; errno = Connection refused
done
starting statd: /usr/sbin/rpc.statd is already running
568
done

Any suggestions please?
 
I have done some more investigation but I have been unable to get this working.
It seems that the portmapper process does start, but as soon as the client attempts to connect to the mount it stops.
I have been manually stopping/starting things to troubleshoot. See some output below.

Code:
root@vusolo2:/etc# /etc/init.d/portmap stop
Stopping portmap daemon...
root@vusolo2:/etc# /etc/init.d/portmap start
Starting portmap daemon...
root@vusolo2:/etc# showmount -e
Export list for vusolo2:
/media/hdd 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0
root@vusolo2:/etc# /etc/init.d/nfsserver restart
stopping mountd: done
stopping statd: done
starting mountd: done
starting statd: /usr/sbin/rpc.statd is already running
568
done
root@vusolo2:/etc# showmount -e
Export list for vusolo2:
/media/hdd 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0
root@vusolo2:/etc# tail -f /var/log/messages 
Jan 14 12:04:28 vusolo2 daemon.err automount[24982]: mount(generic): failed to mount /dev/logs (type auto) on /autofs/logs
Jan 14 12:04:28 vusolo2 daemon.err automount[24982]: failed to mount /autofs/logs
Jan 14 12:30:00 vusolo2 daemon.notice automount[26322]: >> mount: mounting /dev/.Trash on /autofs/.Trash failed: No such file or directory
Jan 14 12:30:00 vusolo2 daemon.err automount[26322]: mount(generic): failed to mount /dev/.Trash (type auto) on /autofs/.Trash
Jan 14 12:30:00 vusolo2 daemon.err automount[26322]: failed to mount /autofs/.Trash
Jan 14 12:30:00 vusolo2 daemon.notice automount[26348]: >> mount: mounting /dev/movie on /autofs/movie failed: No such file or directory
Jan 14 12:30:00 vusolo2 daemon.err automount[26348]: mount(generic): failed to mount /dev/movie (type auto) on /autofs/movie
Jan 14 12:30:00 vusolo2 daemon.err automount[26348]: failed to mount /autofs/movie
Jan 14 13:02:40 vusolo2 daemon.err rpc.mountd[24138]: Caught signal 15, un-registering and exiting.
Jan 14 13:02:40 vusolo2 daemon.notice rpc.mountd[27372]: Version 1.2.3 starting
Jan 14 13:06:42 vusolo2 daemon.err portmap[27348]: warning: cannot open /etc/hosts.allow: Permission denied
^C
root@vusolo2:/etc# showmount -e
clnt_create: RPC: Port mapper failure - RPC: Unable to receive

I have tried creating the /etc/hosts.allow file and even set it to 777 and the message still appears. Previously on my Duo I didn't have this file at all. I'm not sure what's causing all the automount messages in the log.
 
After all my pain and troubleshooting, the simplest solutions are often the easiest.

Code:
opkg remove task-base-nfs nfs-utils
opkg update
opkg install task-base-nfs nfs-utils

The good old deinstall and reinstall, and all is working :)
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top