Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] No HDD detected

bbbuk

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2014
Messages
1,322
Reaction score
2
Points
38
Hi,

Woke up this morning to find it had crashed. Restarted and I thought it was working fine but when I got home from work I noticed it wouldn't do anything like timeshift or even list contents of what I had recorded.

I have found out that the HDD isn't recognised (well maybe just the mount anyhow). I can still access the root and mount via laptop so as I speak i'm just backing up the HDD with regards to image backups, etc.

The last setting I was trying to do was mount a network drive via router to my laptop. I couldn't get it to work as I wanted so I gave up on it. This was a few days ago I'm sure.

I wonder how I can remount HDD again?

I've attached crash logs from this morning and the only other crash log earlier than that was a few days ago which I've also attached.

I'd appreciate any assistance with trying to remount again (ideally without losing anything).

Prior to this I had no problems at all.

Thanks in advance.

View attachment enigma2_crash_1407861472.log View attachment enigma2_crash_1408082808.log
 
I managed to retrieve backup image from last week so i'm running again now.

I don't understand much of the this morning's error log but I did notice some errors along lines of file/folder not found and a few that said "crc32 failed!"

Am I correct in thinking that's sign of the HDD failing or could that still be caused if drive is un-mounted?
 
If you were previously messing with network mounts then this is almost certainly what's caused your problem. It's very unlikely to be a failing HDD. You probably managed to map your network drive to the logical HDD. You'll have fixed this with the settings restore.
 
The crash occured becasue it could not find the mgcamd log file. Simplest thing would be to flash afresh without restores.
 
Thanks for reading the logfile.

So it crashing because of no log file can cause the box to demount the hdd?

I know it had demounted the HDD because when viewing movie list after the crash (obviously no files were found) I noticed it said size of drive was very, very small (I can't remember size it specified) but I knew it wasn't the HDD as that's 320GB and was previously near enough empty? I think it was pointing to the root itself rather than the mounted hdd.

If no log found can't cause a demount then maybe, as mentioned by chaser (which was also my first thought), it was from when I was playing around few days earlier with trying to mount a folder on my laptop but I couldn't so gave up!!
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top