Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[GiGaBlue HD800SE] No network shares show up in Network Browser

sebus

New member
Joined
Jan 26, 2013
Messages
65
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Island on the edge of Europe
Same issue like here:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?18584-VIX-2-4-not-browsing-the-network

I see computers, but no share will expand (either CIFS or NFS)

Also NFS share (from HeneWin NFS) does not mount at all:

root@gb800se:/media/net# mount 192.168.50.50:/Media /media/net/
mount: mounting 192.168.50.50:/Media on /media/net/ failed: Connection refused

Mounting same share from either Openelec/Windows/Linux/Mac works fine

sebus
 
If you mean this post, then I do not find anything useful in there regarding NFS mounts.

I really do not care if I can browse network shares... I just need to mount manually NFS share (so I do not need to install Samba on this box, as it is the requirement to actually show the shares in browser - would be good to have little info warning on the page if Samba is not installed. But NFS share mount should not need anything else being installed)

sebus
 
Last edited:
For the lack of expansion when selecting item 2 things ive had to do in past is

Restart network on satellite box

If that fails to work... uninstall nfs share from box and reinstall.

Also make sure your login details are correct
 
[solved]

As I said, I no longer care if it does expand/browse or not

I do not use NFS share setup in GUI, I do it from Console login only, NFS does not use login credentials

sebus

edit:
same as for CIFS, NFS has to be installed BEFORE one can do mount setup.

Somehow I did not find it clear in GUI

Once installed & rebooted, all behave as one would expect.

But could not figure out why Enigma GUI crashes while in .mkv playback if Info key is pressed.
Will leave media playback to RPi Openelec after all.
 
Last edited:
Well since this is the second post that you have put on with the same issue Why don't you update you previous one and put a correct description in your header. My post clearly states how to get "cifs" running. I'll be sure not to post anything else regarding networks to your threads

QUOTE " no networks in network browser"
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top