Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[OS-mini] No online update to 4.2.010

Please answer the questions as asked. If they do not make sense please say so. if you do not want to answer please say so. This will help in getting to a solution quicker.

1. Which image are you on now?
Sample answer:
I am on 4.2 009

2. How did you reach this version?
Sample answer:
I had flashed 4.2 005 by USB. I then performed a software update

3. After flashing/installing your image, did you restore any settings or plugins?

4a. Have you installed any plugins?
4b. If so, where did you download from?

5a. Have you installed any skins?
5b. If so, where did you download from?

Please answer each question separately. Sorry for the terse nature of post. I appreciate some questions were asked before. Thanks

1. 4.2 010 now after a couch flash but problem began from 4.006.
2. Fresh flash with no restores on 4.2 001 online updated through to 4.006
3.No only settings restore I've made is with 4.009 and 4.010 after couch flashing both images as was unable to update online.
4a No
4b N/A
5a No
5b N/A
 
1. 4.2 010 now after a couch flash but problem began from 4.006.
2. Fresh flash with no restores on 4.2 001 online updated through to 4.006
3.No only settings restore I've made is with 4.009 and 4.010 after couch flashing both images as was unable to update online.
4a No
4b N/A
5a No
5b N/A

When the kernel changes, there are issues. There is a feature request to prevent a software update when the kernel changes. The only way at the moment to stop this complication is to force everyone onto a new image. That is not an option worth considering.

There was a kernel change for the os mini in 4.2 006. You updated to 006, this is why you had issues. If there is a problem after this kernel change (for people who did not perform an online update), we have to identify it and resolve it.

Can you flash 009. Do not restore anything. Paste the command again.

Code:
init 4 && opkg update && opkg upgrade && init 6

Please report back if it updates to 010 or not. Paste the output too. I don't have the box, otherwise would have done it myself.
 
When the kernel changes, there are issues. There is a feature request to prevent a software update when the kernel changes. The only way at the moment to stop this complication is to force everyone onto a new image. That is not an option worth considering.

There was a kernel change for the os mini in 4.2 006. You updated to 006, this is why you had issues. If there is a problem after this kernel change (for people who did not perform an online update), we have to identify it and resolve it.

Can you flash 009. Do not restore anything. Paste the command again.

Code:
init 4 && opkg update && opkg upgrade && init 6

Please report back if it updates to 010 or not. Paste the output too. I don't have the box, otherwise would have done it myself.

ok i've done what you requested abu fresh flash of 009 with nothing restored and the problem persists, cannot online update through the box and when issuing the command the box reboots but doesn't update.
This is the outcome when entering the command but the box doesn't update it stays on 009.
root@osmini:~# init 4 && opkg update && opkg upgrade && init 6
Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openvix/release/4.2/xc7362/3rdparty/Packages.gz.
Updated source 'openvix-3rdparty'.
Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openvix/release/4.2/xc7362/all/Packages.gz.
Updated source 'openvix-all'.
Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openvix/release/4.2/xc7362/mips32el/Packages.gz.
Updated source 'openvix-mips32el'.
Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openvix/release/4.2/xc7362/osmini/Packages.gz.
Updated source 'openvix-osmini'.
Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openvix/release/4.2/xc7362/xc7362/Packages.gz.
Updated source 'openvix-xc7362'.
Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openvix/release/4.2/xc7362/xc7362_3rdparty/Packages.gz.
Updated source 'openvix-xc7362_3rdparty'.
Configuring ntpdate.
 
see below regards in bold

Please answer the questions as asked. If they do not make sense please say so. if you do not want to answer please say so. This will help in getting to a solution quicker.

1. Which image are you on now?now on 4.2 010
Sample answer:
I am on 4.2 009

2. How did you reach this version?I preformed a crouch flash with restore, although had to redownload bello skin menu, setup, vix, image, download,
Sample answer:
I had flashed 4.2 005 by USB. I then performed a software update by pressing: Menu > Setup > Software update

3a. After flashing/installing your image, did you restore any settings?yes
3b. After flashing/installing your image, did you restore any plugins?yes

4a. Have you installed any plugins? yes, oscam, bello skin only
4b. If so, where did you download from?plugin feeds

5a. Have you installed any skins? bello skin only
5b. If so, where did you download from? plugins

Please answer each question separately. Sorry for the terse nature of post. I appreciate some questions were asked before. Thanks
 
Last edited:
1. Which image are you on now?
I am on 4.2 009

2. How did you reach this version?
Fresh flash with USB few minutes ago

3a. After flashing/installing your image, did you restore any settings?
No

3b. After flashing/installing your image, did you restore any plugins?
No

4a. Have you installed any plugins?
No

4b. If so, where did you download from?
N/A

5a. Have you installed any skins?
No

5b. If so, where did you download from?
N/A

Did the following in putty:
init 4 && opkg update && opkg upgrade && init 6

Putty closed down on it's own, box restarted and it is still on 4.2.009
 
Any ideas if there will be a fix for this bug or will we need to couch flash vix images going forward?
 
Any ideas if there will be a fix for this bug or will we need to couch flash vix images going forward?

i would suggest you crouch flash, but before doing that back up everything. the bug will not be fixed anytime soon, although the next update will be out tomorrow, so may be, and I say maybe tomorrow.
 
Why is the online update broken ?
Feeds need trashing and rebuilding for this box. If you have used these feeds to set up 4.2.010 you will need to reflash. So, when 4.2.011 is released, flash and restore. Backups made before the kernel update will not restore plugins.
 
Managed to update online from 4.2.009 to 4.2.011. Seems the bug is now fixed.
 
Hi folks

I have flashed to 4.2.006 as I could not get my zgemma box to work on 4.2.010

I still can't run an update, I keep getting a file not found message... Is this related and if so how do I fix it?
 
we do not make images for your receiver. read the rules again.

there are other image teams who support your receiver.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top