Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] No Option to mount internal HDD

OK. Recorded programs on duo and put drive back into solo, still not recognised at all, so only thing I have not changed is the power cable to the drive, will also try the data cable from duo as I know it works there if not power or cables it must. The board -(

Well even the cut data cable works in the older duo, so that rules that out altogether, so now either power cable or the board, as power cable for the drives are different I will need to look more into that, any ideas on how to test the board or get the storage sub folder back? Can I upgrade from ver 4 003 to 4.1 008 and save my settings from the network???
 
Last edited:
Ok, did an update to 4.1 and still no "Storage file" option under the system menu. as per the earlier picture, is there anyway to add one?
 
As previous posts. Storage option will only show if a fully attached HDD is correctly connected. Have you tried inserting a USB flash drive and see if this menu appears.
 
I tried a external HDD and the folder now shows up, thanks for helping me understand better,
however as I know the sata cable and HDD are ok
its either the power cable to drive which is spinning or the board itslef,
 
Last edited:
Yes. Thats why I ask you to try a USB drive and it will show this menu.
 
By the sound of it the Sata controller in the Solo2 is faulty.
 
What would be a way to test the sata controller with limited skill and equipment?
what is a suitable replacement if one can be replaced?
thanks
 
Plug in the working hard drive from the duo and restart. If that doesn't work the Solo2 is most likely knackered.
 
I've been having the same problem with my new Xtrend 8000. Have tried a working hard drive from my VU but nothing shows. I have been sending back and forth to WoS (who have been great so far) in the hope of sorting this issue out. I appreciate you living in New Zealand this is not an option (or at least one that costs a fortune) but what I have found out from my "Storage Devices" not showing is that there is no power getting to the hard drive, hence why it is not showing. A little baffled to hear you say you can hear it spinning though. Just wanted to share my experience with you and fingers crossed you get the problem sorted. I am just awaiting a reply from WoS this week in the hope my issue has been resolved. If it does I will relay the feedback in the hope it may help you out. Good luck mate.
 
Update, well sort of,
I have made contact with supplier in NZ outlining issues, as had the previous owner to them, so waiting to see what they have to say,
thanks for the Info Nattras
So just waiting to hear back, but not holding my breath so to speak, as previous owner had a trail of e-mails he send me as well
Hell if i can send to them and they can rectify I'll be happy with that, the only issues is cant mount the internal HDD
rest works fine
 
Update, after a few emails and a phone call I was sent a replacement box after being told it has never happened before

New box arrived, put HDD in was recognised str8 away even had the old programs I recorded when trying it in the duo
So everything is all good in the hood now,
Just a shame that New Zealand FTA we can't use the hbbtv app here because vu isn't an 'approved' stb
 
Just a shame that New Zealand FTA we can't use the hbbtv app here because vu isn't an 'approved' stb
That probably means that your provider doesn't stick to the HbbTV standards.
Or if they do (how do we know that??) it may be a flaw in the HbbTV plugin.
Or both :)
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top