Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] No plugins showing

  • Thread starter Thread starter carpytone
  • Start date Start date
Thanks also for the update. Sounds like it could be a good one with xbmc :)
 
Sweet! Looking forward to the new build. Will it have the new name kodi? Also any new plugins? Sorry I'm new but picking it up fast ;-).
 
Still unable to update my Vu Solo2 from Apollo 132, getting feeds are down message, tried Telenet, doesn't work either?
 
yes as we said we have had to trash the entire Apollo build server, this alone took over a day to complete, we are now rebuilding it, this could take two to three days to complete. so until that process has been completed there will be no feeds for any ViX image.
 
flashing green button still on though but feeds saying down for maintenance
 
Will this be affecting the ABM at all? I have posted an issue I have with this and just thought the 2 could be connected?
 
Think this is only affecting Solo2, its been used to experimenting getting XBMC Plugin working as an actaul plugin. Please be paitient, it maybe 2-3 days before all is corrected.

A little bit more info on this (my box is a Solo2 from sponsor)....

I was on 137, and thought (wrongly) that I could go back to an earlier image and then forward to 138 - abu baniaz had asked a question about a posted ABM issue.

Anyway I went back to 132, and tried to restore a back-up, of course the feeds are down, so only settings restored (this has happened before) BUT ViX would not go beyond Splash screen - the odd time the spinner (busy) appeared. You could FTP to the box. Same thing happend with image version 122 when I tested that next.

I finally applied one of the earlier images WITHOUT restore, and of course ViX came up as expected - I then did a backup restore from ViX menu, and got my settings back without plugins.

There seems to be some odd behaviour at the image build point if you restore a back-up as part of the build process and the feeds are down (I tried my latest back-up AND back-ups that I have from both 132 and 122 images respectively) - the Solo2 hangs, and as I said above you can FTP to the box.

In the end I went back to my 137 "as built" image using the ViX menu image restore.

Just thought I would share, Thanks
 
A little bit more info on this (my box is a Solo2 from sponsor)....

I was on 137, and thought (wrongly) that I could go back to an earlier image and then forward to 138 - abu baniaz had asked a question about a posted ABM issue.

Anyway I went back to 132, and tried to restore a back-up, of course the feeds are down, so only settings restored (this has happened before) BUT ViX would not go beyond Splash screen - the odd time the spinner (busy) appeared. You could FTP to the box. Same thing happend with image version 122 when I tested that next.

I finally applied one of the earlier images WITHOUT restore, and of course ViX came up as expected - I then did a backup restore from ViX menu, and got my settings back without plugins.

There seems to be some odd behaviour at the image build point if you restore a back-up as part of the build process and the feeds are down (I tried my latest back-up AND back-ups that I have from both 132 and 122 images respectively) - the Solo2 hangs, and as I said above you can FTP to the box.

In the end I went back to my 137 "as built" image using the ViX menu image restore.

Just thought I would share, Thanks

I have flashed my Solo2 easily a dozen times this last three days by both USB stick and "couch flash", only once did it fail and that was on one of the experimental dev images which are not accessible to the public so I did not report it. I did however use a settings restore after every reflash and as expected while the feeds are down I got a message on screen saying plugins could not be restored but my settings were and I did not see any hangups.

If you are able to replicate this behavior and have access to a RS232 serial cable please try to capture a bootlog so we can look into it.
 
so is there any word of when the servers will be backup and running
 
so is there any word of when the servers will be backup and running
Once the build is started it is an automated process. When building from scratch, after a cache delete, and considering the ever expanding range of models covered, this process can take a couple of days to complete.
 
It started with the solo2 and ended up with the entire Apollo server getting trashed...
 
It started with the solo2 and ended up with the entire Apollo server getting trashed...
Just think our Solo2's could up there in the history books.... Not for the anything good mind you but for causing server wipe and complete rebuild by looks of things.

For sake of clarity/doubt I think it's more of a solo2 image that caused the problem rather than VU Solo2 box itself.
 
Certain builds between 131 & 138 failed to boot for the Solo2.

The Boss - Just a word of appreciation to you and all of the team who have worked tirelessly to bring this fantastic project to us all. Its easy to say "it dun't work"; I can't imaging how many hours go in to "make it work", as well as to keep the infrastructure up and running.

Thanks - appreciated - all up and running on my Solo2 ViX 142 :smiley_yup:
 
The Boss - Just a word of appreciation to you and all of the team who have worked tirelessly to bring this fantastic project to us all. Its easy to say "it dun't work"; I can't imaging how many hours go in to "make it work", as well as to keep the infrastructure up and running.

Thanks - appreciated...
I totally agree. Thanks to everyone involved :thumbsup:
 
I don't know why you post this rubbish - the rest of the images and plugin feeds were not affected

Actually he's rite, ALL of the Apollo images for ALL receivers were trashed and rebuilt because of the issues suffered with the Solo2, this is why it took nearly four days to complete the rebuild.
 
Great news it's been sorted out. I'll update mine tomorrow.

Thanks to all involved for the ongoing hard work :)
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top