Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ET8x00] No sound after openvix 5.4.006 update

woodbar3

New member
Joined
Aug 28, 2019
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Points
1
I have been having a few problems with my ET8500 recently but I think I have narrowed that down to a failing LMB. Terrestrial was working faultlessly (2 of each tuner board)

I thought I would update the OS and downloaded 5.4.005 from the menu and performed a flash - restored my settings and everything worked perfectly.

Used it for a couple of days and the little green flashy thing appeared on the info-bar denoting an update - downloaded 5.4.006 and updated - seemed to be OK BUT NO SOUND AT ALL?

Tried everything I could think of, even reflashed back to 5.4.005 (which did work with sound) but now does not?

I like old movies BUT I draw the line at silent ones!
 
Menu/setup/Audio & Video/settings. What is AC3 downmix set to???
 
The box will have its own volume control, independent of the tv volume.

If you've accidently set the level to zero, a settings restore will remember that value.

Code:
config.audio.volume=0
 
its in /etc/enigma2/settings

But just check the volume on the Satellite remote (not the TV remote).

Also to eliminate any user settings error you can flash 5.4.005 with no settings restore. If you still have no sound then most likely its a handshaking problem or a tv issue. If this is the case switch everything off correctly and remove mains power for a minute and then power up again. That should sort it.
 
Where do I find that config line please?

All you need to do is use the original remote, and see if the volume increases, the gui will show you if it was initially low/zero.

The line is in the file /etc/enigma2/settings, if config.audio.volume isn't there the box will be defaulting to full volume.

I wouldn't attempt to change the settings file unless you understand what you're doing.
 
Many thanks for all the help and suggestions.

That was part of the problem - using the original remote volume buttons nothing was appearing on screen or any sound emitting. Same thing with the mute button. The only thing I noted was the soundbar display was showing "ARC" briefly every time so there was obviously some control signals getting through somewhere!

Anyway, now solved, back to normal plus updated to 5.4.006 no problem.

Method - disable CEC on the ET8500 and the Humax Aura (my wifes - she can't work out the Xtrend!) - put everything into lowest standby state - turn of UPS feed to the TV/Video array - have a beer - turn UPS back on - boot up equipment and everything back to normal!

I had already originally tried a compete power disconnect from the ET8500 to no avail.

Funnily enough this also cured a volume control problem on the Humax remote which is supposed to be switchable between TV volume or STB volume but seemed to have stuck on the TV setting. I had tried switching it to STB mode before powering down but it had not taken - however, on boot up, I note that it came up with a message on screen that it was indeed now in STB mode. Maybe it was the pesky Humax upsetting things all along? It does have quite a few gremlins even after the recent firmware upgrade which, as far as I am concerned has only elevated it from beta to beta+ - definitely released to market as a work in progress!
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top