Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] no trash can on helios 16

shuggy

Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2010
Messages
222
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Age
53
hi guys ive moved from zeus 23 to helios 16 on my vuduo but I cant see any trashcan ? ive initialised the hdd still no trashcan , am I supposed to change it from ext3 to ext4 ?? also will the files actually delete im getting a message cannot send to trashcan object has no attribute endswith ?? thanx for any help in advance also don't have movielist
 
Last edited:
If the HDD has been initialised by the box it's in the Ext4 format.
Please activate the trascan (it is by default, so if you didn't change anything it will be active) and delete a file from the movie folder; what happens?
 
@Rob, I have already raised this same issue about the trashcan error. See http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?37622-Where-is-the-trash-can. I even attached my debug file, but no one has replied to it since. Helios just refuses to see or acknowlege a trashcan on my vu solo. I initiated the disk via the box and mounted it properly. I can record without issues, but when I delete, it comes up with the error message, and trashcan size=0kb. In the debug file, there is the following line
[MovieSelection] Weird error moving to trash 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'endswith'
 
Did you restore a settings backup when you udated to Helios?
 
Ive just done a fresh install of helios 16, my 1tb external usb hdd is split into 2 500gb partitions and just tested trashcan and its working fine, what is the directory showing up as; mine is /media/hdd/movie/.Trash/ if yours differs from that its got to be the location your saving your media too id imagine.
 
@Judge, i restored backup. @jez, will manually create the .Trash folder in /media/hdd/movie when i get home. I created it in /media/hdd but not the movie folder. Will let you know if it makes a difference.
 
Try a flash without restoring the back-up as the back-up could contain the issue.
 
yeah I flashed it agiain no settings restore or anything still no trashcan, when I delete it I still get same message, it does delete it from the folder although not sure if its deleted from hdd, zeus 23 had the trashcan strange eh
 
yeah I flashed it agiain no settings restore or anything still no trashcan, when I delete it I still get same message, it does delete it from the folder although not sure if its deleted from hdd, zeus 23 had the trashcan strange eh
i had trouble with timeshift along time ago and it was all down to file directory path id made in the wrong place, i realise you cant create the trashcan but just check that your recording settings are "default movie location" /media/hdd/movie ?
 
yeah its media/hdd/movie is it only 2 of us that are having this problem on helios 16 ?? do u think it might need a new hdd its recording perfect tho never had this before in 4 years
 
Update. I created .Trash in /media/hdd/movie, now I have Trashcan available and I can delete a recording without the error message popping up. @shuggy, FTP into your box, enable hidden file/ folder view, browse to the /media/hdd/movie directory and create a .Trash folder. It's case sensitive. You should no longer see the error message.
 
ok m8 thanx I will give it a go :) what are u using to ftp, im using coreftp pro, cant find where to enable hidden files/folders are u meaning enable hidden folers in windows ??
 
Last edited:
yee haa got it, thanx m8 excellent guide thanx everyone who helped :)
 
Sorry to cut in but I have a second directory also , called trashcan.Is there a differance between them because I see different files.
 
Maybe it has been connected to another Linux system (STB, NAS or PC), as they tend to create their own trashcan.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top